-Provide accurate, transparent, and timely financial and non-financial analysis to support project leadership in project and project portfolio decision making process; clearly articulate financial implications of business decisions / choices, and provide retrospective analysis as well as drive forward looking actions on complex project / contract types at both project and portfolio level
– For complex projects and/or contract types, facilitate the monthly revenue cycle, including a review of units, forecast, unit prices, and revenue recognition. Ensure appropriate supporting documentation is available and that the forecast is aligned with operational plans. Complete all required variance analyses for the set of projects, with insight. Take full responsibility for execution of financial processes and interpretation of monthly financial and business analysis for defined projects / portfolio. Proactively identify risks in the project forecast and opportunities to improve revenue outlook. Communicate, document and manage these on an ongoing message.
– Leverage understanding of the business context to synthesize financial and operational data into meaningful business insights that highlight performance, risk, and opportunities at project and portfolio level. Function as the project controller / CFO.
– Provide updates on financial status for assigned projects and/or client portfolio and synthesizes initial aggregate results related to any client financial reporting needs in project reporting, forecasting, or transactional details for the projects within the portfolio. Drive the delivery and quality of client specific deliverables at project and/or portfolio level
– As required, complete all revenue control testing, SOX or audit related.
– For complex projects, actively monitor the balance sheet positions of projects within the portfolio. Lead action as needed with project teams to keep balances current, improving DSO and cash flow.
– Identify and create new metrics while maintaining a relevant and impactful set of project financial and operational metrics designed to support evaluation of overall project performance consistent with the project and contract types being managed.
– Drive process and system improvement opportunities by leading in change initiatives at project and/or portfolio level.
– Play a key role in initiating, building, and reviewing change in scope activity on assigned projects. Work with the project teams on an appropriate budget for the scope of work. Maintain/update complex project and program budgets within relevant tools from post-award onwards including analysis and action on any subsequent changes in scope.
– Mentor and/or train Finance Business Partners, providing peer-to-peer support related to successful business partnering with the business.
– Thrives in a complex, fast-paced and potentially ambiguous environment
– Works effectively in a matrix environment. Expert in Excel and PowerPoint applications
– Advanced skills in financial performance systems (e.g., Hyperion).
– Passion to succeed, demonstrated problem solving skills, and professionalism.
– Global Execution
– Customer Focused Leadership
– Change Leadership
– Strategic Business Thinking
– Influencing & Leading Teams
– Talent Development
Education: BA in Finance or Accounting, or relevant experience preferred.
Work Experience: Strong and progressive Finance roles with strong analytical and partnering track record, 6+ years recommended.
Language Skills: Strong command of the English language, both written and verbal
PAREXEL is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.