Parexel Informatics is one of the industry’s leading solution providers and we help customers accelerate the drug development process through innovation. Our product portfolio is built on leading-edge technology and is combined with extensive medical and clinical expertise. As the technology business unit of Parexel International Corporation, we’re able to leverage our massive investment in technology with our parent company’s wealth of hands-on clinical expertise.
This role will be based at our modern state of the art office in Nottingham city centre which has excellent transport links as well as a great working environment and the feel of an innovative technology company.
As the Principal Software Quality Engineer you will be accountable to validate and maintain the software quality within Parexel Informatics. This role will provide key inputs for validation during the software development lifecycle (SDLC) as well contribute to the continuous improvement of the function within the Scaled Agile Framework, and as such the role must be oriented towards team work in an emerging and flexible environment.
Business process testing
– Designs and manages tests of new/updated processes.
– Specifies test environment for whole life-cycle testing (e.g. using model office concept).
– Manages selection/creation of relevant scenarios for testing and ensures that tests reflect realistic operational business conditions.
– Ensure tests and results are documented, reported to stakeholders and are available for specification of user instructions. – Highlights issues and risks identified during testing to business stakeholders.
– Provides specialist guidance and advice to less experienced colleagues and users to ensure that test are conducted in an appropriate manner.
– Designs, codes, tests, corrects and documents complex programs and scripts from agreed specifications, and subsequent iterations, using agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result.
– Takes part in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleagues’ work.
– Develops organisational commitment to ongoing quality and environmental improvement by ensuring that the quality assurance process is robust and is based on the best industry practice.
– Considers implications of emerging technological developments, economic and social trends, etc.
– Plans and resources periodic quality assurance audits.
– Conducts and/or manages audits of quality requirements, and analyses audit results, to ensure appropriate quality standards and operational definitions are in place.
– Prepares and delivers formal audit reports.
– Coordinates and manages planning of the system and/or acceptance tests, including software security testing, within a development or integration project or programme.
– Takes responsibility for integrity of testing and acceptance activities and coordinates the execution of these activities.
– Provides authoritative advice and guidance on any aspect of test planning and execution.
– Defines and communicates the test strategy for the project.
– Manages all test processes, including test plans, resources, costs, timescales, test deliverables and traceability.
– Manages client relationships with respect to testing matters.
– Identifies process improvements, and contributes to corporate testing standards and definition of best practice.
– Degree in Life Sciences, Engineering, or Computer Science field, or equivalent.
– Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
– A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning
– Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail.
– Shows Initiative and self-confidence, is adaptable and is able to cope with changing and evolving priorities.
– Must have the ability to work methodically in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
– Manages provision of consultancy services. In own areas of expertise, provides advice and guidance to consultants and/or the customer or other stakeholders through involvement in the delivery of consultancy services
– Maintains an in-depth knowledge of specific specialism in the field, and provides expert advice regarding their application..
Knowledge and Experience:
– Advanced level experience in software testing
– Applied methods like threat modeling applied to software development as well as managed security risk for software development
– Strong automation skills, process improvement skills and performance testing
– Experience in understanding requirements and develop overall project validation strategy and approach
– Experience in Test Case Design
– Experience in Automation testing tools like UFT, Selenium, Cucumber
– Good understanding of BDD approach
– Be able to mentor Validation engineers and provide guidance and direction to project level validation efforts
– Be able to review all project documents including requirements, technical specification and project validation deliverables
– Excellent knowledge of SDLC (Agile) and testing methodologies (preferably Scrum)
– Excellent knowledge of software testing techniques and test case development; can easily determine what test case is required for various testing scenarios.
– Knowledge of software development languages and tools such as Java and SQL
– Knowledge in relational databases, preferably Oracle is essential. Creating moderately complex SQL queries is desirable.
– Familiarity with database design and/or testing
– Knowledge of performance testing software like Load runner.
– Applied framework and good practices like OWASP (Open WEB Application Security Project), ISO 24772 are desirable not essential
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and development within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday per year, pension scheme, life assurance, long term disability insurance, a health cash plan and other leading edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type.
Apply today to begin your Parexel journey!