Job Title Principal Software Engineer
SBU PAREXEL Informatics
Reports To Associate Director/Director, Engineering or as applicable
Directly Supervises None
Provides Work Direction to None
Works Closely with Product Management, Product Owner, Scrum team, Subject Matter Experts
External Relationships May include contact with external clients
This role is responsible for collaborating with the R&D function within PAREXEL Informatics Engineering, including software and infrastructure design, ensuring quality and performance standards are met.
Accountability Supporting Activities
Data analysis Investigates corporate data requirements, and applies data analysis, data modelling and quality assurance techniques, to establish, modify or maintain data structures and their associated components (entity descriptions, relationship descriptions, attribute definitions). Provides advice and guidance to database designers and others using the data structures and associated components.
Database design Maintains and applies up to date, specialist knowledge of database concepts, object and data modelling techniques and design principles, and a detailed knowledge of the full range of database architectures, software and facilities available. Analyses data requirements, to establish, modify or maintain a data model. Takes account of specialist requirements (e.g. geocoding, for geographic information systems). Interprets the model into an appropriate database schema within set policies. Demonstrates, installs and commissions selected products.
Emerging technology monitoring Maintains awareness of opportunities provided by new technology to address challenges or to enable new ways of working. Within own sphere of influence, works to further organisational goals, by the study and use of emerging technologies and products. Contributes to briefings and presentations about their relevance and potential value to the organisation.
Programming/software development Sets local or team-based standards for programming tools and techniques, including security guidelines, and the selection of appropriate development methods. Advises on application of standards and methods and ensures compliance. Takes technical responsibility for all stages and/or iterations in a software development project, providing method specific technical advice and guidance to project stakeholders. Assigns work packages, monitors performance and manages change control dynamically, to optimise productivity. Provides advice, guidance and assistance to less experienced colleagues as required.
Systems design Recommends/designs structures and tools for systems which meet business needs and takes into account target environment, performance security requirements and existing systems. Delivers technical visualisation of proposed applications for approval by customer and execution by system developers. Translates logical designs into physical designs, and produces detailed design documentation. Maps work to user specification and removes errors and deviations from specification to achieve user-friendly processes.
• Strong in .Net stack like C#, VB .Net, ASP .NET, MVC, WCF, WebAPI, etc.
• Strong in SQL Server or any equivalent Databases.
• Good understanding of Azure technologies.
• Good to have Angular JS, etc technologies
• Hands on design of different components/systems.
• Understanding of common system architecture frameworks and concepts
• Technical awareness of Security and Application Software Development
Knowledge and Experience:
• Proven relevant experience in systems integration and implementation, or software development, or a related discipline
• Demonstrated ability to liaise with multiple stakeholdersQualificationsEducation:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline (Maths, Science, Engineering, Computing, etc.) or a related study, or equivalent project-related experience.
• English: Fluent
Minimum Work Experience
• Minimum 10+ years of experience in .Net Stack and SQL Server.
• Experience in designing and implementing the systems independently.