Associate Director/Director, FSP Operations
Parexel International Corporation
Beijing, Beijing Municipality, China
Location: Shanghai, Beijing, and Taipei
• Lead the management team to ensure that resources (processes, procedures, personnel etc)
optimally support the business requirements of the FSP function
• Ensure that the department has a well-organized infrastructure and adequate resources to enable
projects to be completed on time and within budget.
• Provide accurate forecasting figures for the annual budgeting process and manage throughout the
year to ensure that the budgetary goals are met or exceeded.
• Provide expertise and consultation, facilitate metrics collection and develop action plans in
conjunction with Project Leader/Lead to keep projects on time and within budget.
• Drive team members to improve their efficiency and effectiveness at prioritizing work and
improving performance evidenced by the work produced, client feedback, audit results and QC
• Ensure agreed levels of productivity/billability and staff turnover are maintained.
• May be responsible to coordinate client or account activities for department or function.
• Participate in and contribute to FSP project bids, including client presentations. Provide on-going
support to Portfolio Management and Business Development groups.
• Act as executive oversight of a large project where applicable.
• Act as the client contact for local business when required.
• Follow up departmental metrics, drive team members to meet departmental goals
• Ensure management team check quality of department deliverables (e.g., site visits, Central File
documentation) and take appropriate remedial action.
• Ensure departmental or functional training plans in place and appropriate
• Revise, implement and monitor departmental compliance with Parexel or Sponsor SOPs.
• Ensure implementation of process improvements in response to client and team feedback and
• Look within and beyond CRS to encourage teamwork, quality and productivity efforts to the
benefit of CRS and Parexel.
• Work with senior departmental management in developing managers and ensuring a talented
pipeline of management staff within the department or function.
• Performs a leadership role in ensuring managers and staff are communicating and coordinating
efforts to provide superior line management services to staff.
• Demonstrate excellent leadership skills within department, function or location. This includes
taking an active role in departmental, functional or location activities (e.g., management
meetings), ensuring employees adhere to corporate policies and following up with management
• Train and mentor new managers
• Undertake the full range of duties relevant to the leadership, management and development of
the team to ensure their performance meets and or exceeds both the business and their own
• Maintain a positive, results orientated work environment, building partnerships and modeling
teamwork, communicating to the team in an open, balanced and objective manner
• Participate in formal staff review processes e.g. performance and salary reviews to corporate
standards and timescales.
• Participate in departmental meetings and training initiatives, project team meetings, and
maintain relationships with other departments, clients, and regulatory agencies as necessary.QualificationsSkills:
• Advanced ability to manage and motivate direct reports
• Advanced ability to successfully manage a full workload across multiple-projects.
• Demonstrated strength in managing Managers and leading diverse teams
• Outstanding negotiation and organizational skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills (including experience in
making presentations at conferences, meetings, training sessions)
• Demonstrable experience of stakeholder/relationship management with a client focused approach
to work. Able to understand the business implications of decisions and impact on customer.
• A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning
• Advanced ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload
with attention to detail
• Ability to work in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork.
• Comprehensive knowledge of relevant software: Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Educated to a degree level (biological science, pharmacy or other health related discipline
preferred) or relevant clinical or business equivalent
• Competent in written and oral English and local language
Minimum Work Experience:
• Significant work experience including substantial management experience. FSP experience ideal, but not necessary.