The role will be accountable to validate and maintain the software quality within PAREXEL Informatics. This role will provide key inputs for validation during software development lifecycle (SDLC).
Another key aspect of the role is the contribution to the continuous improvement of the function within the Scaled Agile Framework, and as such the role must be oriented towards team work in an emerging and flexible environment.
Accountability Supporting Activities
Business process testing Designs and manages tests of new/updated processes. Specifies test environment for whole life-cycle testing (e.g. using model office concept). Manages selection/creation of relevant scenarios for testing and ensures that tests reflect realistic operational business conditions. Ensure tests and results are documented, reported to stakeholders and are available for specification of user instructions. Highlights issues and risks identified during testing to business stakeholders. Provides specialist guidance and advice to less experienced colleagues and users to ensure that test are conducted in an appropriate manner.
Programming/software development Designs, codes, tests, corrects, and documents moderately complex programs and scripts from agreed specifications and subsequent iterations, using agreed standards and tools. Collaborates in reviews of specifications, with others as appropriate.
Quality assurance Uses quality standards to review past performance and plan future activities. Conducts audits of quality . Reviews test results and modifies tests if necessary. Provides reports on progress, anomalies, risks and issues associated with the overall project. Reports on system quality and collects metrics on test cases. Provides specialist advice to support others.
Performance Testing • Strong experience in LoadRunner / Performance Center script creation, execution and troubleshooting (minimum 5 years’ experience)
• Experience with some of the following or similar tools:
o Other Perf tools
• Strong understanding of performance testing methodologies best practices
• Ability to lead performance optimization efforts
• Participate in performance test requirements reviews
• Plan, design, execute and monitor performance test on load test execution.
• Identify and fine tune performance bottlenecks in the applications.
• Provide solutions and fix the performance bottlenecks.
• Work with PO and Engg team on load test planning.
• Responsible for meeting development schedules and ensuring the delivered solution meets the technical specifications and
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning
• Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail.
• Shows Initiative and self-confidence, is adaptable and is able to cope with changing and evolving priorities.
• Must have the ability to work methodically in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
• Manages provision of consultancy services. In own areas of expertise, provides advice and guidance to consultants and/or the customer or other stakeholders through involvement in the delivery of consultancy services
• Maintains an in-depth knowledge of specific specialism in the field, and provides expert advice regarding their application..
Knowledge and Experience:
• Strong automation skills, process improvement skills and performance testing
• Understanding of Agile methodologies (preferably Scrum)
• Degree in Engineering, or Computer Science field, or equivalent.
• For technical skills please refer to the Technical bibliography spreadsheet you may use the appropriate skills based on the requirement
© 2014 PAREXEL International Corporation. All rights reserved.QualificationsB.E/B.Tech/MCA