Associate Director, Sales Compensation (REMOTE)
Charles River Laboratories International Inc (CRL)
Wilmington, MA, US, 01887
Associate Director, Sales Compensation (REMOTE) Req ID #: 204671 Location:
Wilmington, MA, US, 01887 US For 75 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position, a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly. Job Summary Charles River is looking for a high-energy sales compensation leader with strong business and financial acumen. This role will ensure that sales compensation programs support the company's strategic objectives, meet legal requirements, and aligns with Charles River's compensation philosophy. This role will work with a cross-functional workgroup made up of Sales, HR and Finance partners. As a subject matter expert, this role will act as a strategic advisor, providing counsel on sales compensation programs, policies, and practices.
The ideal candidate will think strategically regarding vision and design of programs and be able to bring creative solutions from data and business needs. Takes initiative, is passionate about people, is highly organized and can multitask and prioritize varied complex projects. The successful candidate thrives in a fast-paced, changing and growing environment.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Responsible for developing and administering a world class sales compensation program
• Benchmark competitive practices to ensure sales plans drive results and help attract and retain key sales talent
• Gathering data from and submitting data to market-based compensation surveys and conducting data analysis techniques to assess results and market trends.
• Partner with HR and Legal to address employment issues that may impact plan design transformation and updates.
• Coordinate the standardization of Sales Incentive approach, driving methodologies for plan design (pay mix, metrics, weights & mechanics, modifiers, SPIFFs, etc.)
• Develop and lead detailed sales compensation design and planning process that incorporates input from various key stakeholders, individual payout model, SPIF design, cost and payout benchmarking, overall plan costing, and scenario analysis
• Build training and communication materials to ensure participants understand their compensation plan
• Design and maintain reporting to provide insights to plan participants and cross functional stakeholders on plan payouts and overall plan performance
• Monitor and analyze all aspects of the sales and incentive compensation programs to gauge the effectiveness of plan designs.
• Partner with leadership to handle plan disputes and be able to handle and action in a timely fashion
• Lead continuous improvement projects within functions to participate in other organizations projects to improve efficiency
• Conduct regular compliance checks on programs and identify any areas of risks or improvements (e.g. emerging trends/ issues/ best practices) that need to be addressed.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned Job Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, MBA a plus
• 10+ years of overall compensation experience with expertise in the sales compensation field, plan design and target setting; direct sales or sales operations experience preferred
• Strong cross-functional and matrix management skills; must demonstrate ability to drive and deliver results through influence and collaboration
• Strong analytical thinker who can translate data into actionable insights
• Attention to detail and ability to work with a sense of urgency and ownership
• Guru-level Excel/Google Sheet skills
• Preferred: Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or Certified Sales Compensation Professional (CSCP) ; Workday Advanced Compensation module experience; project and change management experience
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position. If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
Charles River is a U.S. Federal Contractor. As a result, we must follow the Presidential Executive Order to mandate vaccinations, and ensure our employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Our main priority is the wellbeing, health, and safety of our people. We require proof of vaccination from all employees.
Anyone with requests for disability-related and/or religious exemptions should contact Talent Acquisition ([email protected]) so that information can be provided about the accommodation process at Charles River.
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 20,000 employees within 110 facilities in over 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 86% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2021.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Pharmaceutical, Recruiting, Quality Assurance, Laboratory, Data Analyst, Human Resources, Science, Technology, Data
Similar CRA jobs
Clinical Research Associate I - Copenhagen or Home-Based, Denmark
Orthopedic Specialist Representative (Wound Closure & Biosurgery) – Medical Device Sales - Pittsburgh S, PA - UYA26743
Initiation Clinical Research Associate II/Senior
Clinical Project Director
Associate Manager Clinical Operations/Manager Clinical Operations/Senior Manager Clinical Operations - Home Based in DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, MI, NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VA
RWE Associate Site Management Lead
Associate Biostatistics Director
Cell and Gene Therapy Strategy Lead, Senior Director / Director (Home-based) Europe
Senior Clinical Trial Manager - FSP (remote anywhere in US or Canada)
Salesforce Business Analyst
Laboratory Director - ASCP/MT
Director, SSU Strategy and Planning – Biotech EMEA
Associate Manager, Medical Lab
Lab Associate - Vaccines (Cell- Based)
Clinical Research Associate II (FSP）
Sr Director Quality Assurance - Pharmaceutical Development
Apollo Strategy Director
Scientific Director - Medical Communications
Associate Manager, Assay Development
Orthopedic Specialist Representative (Wound Closure & Biosurgery) – Medical Device Sales - Palm Beach, FL - UYA26743