IT Internal Audit Intern - Summer 2023
Charles River Laboratories International Inc (CRL)
Wilmington, MA, US, 01887
IT Internal Audit Intern - Summer 2023 Req ID #: 208484 Location:
Wilmington, MA, US, 01887 For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about. Job Summary We are seeking an IT Internal Audit Intern for our Corporate site to be located remotely or at our site in Wilmington MA.
The intern/co-op will assist in the preparation and execution of Sarbanes-Oxley IT compliance testing and internal audit engagements. Successful candidates will assist the Charles River Internal Audit group with a variety of audit functions such as reviewing controls, executing test plans, documenting workpapers and summarizing findings.
The following are responsibilities related to the IT Internal Audit Intern:
• Assist in planning, preparation and execution of Sarbanes-Oxley IT compliance testing and internal audit engagements under supervision of audit staff.
• Interact with employees from domestic and international locations.
• Follow established standards to document workpapers in support of engagements.
• Participate in interviews of key control and process owners.
• Verify adherence to company policies, standard operating procedures, applicable regulations and laws.
• Document audit findings and formulate basic recommendations for improvement.
• Assist in the preparation of audit reports.
The following are minimum qualifications related to the IT Internal Audit Intern position:
• Student currently enrolled in an accredited college/university degree program pursuing a bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting, Information Systems Audit & Control (ISAC), Information Technology, or related discipline, with a focus or interest in IT Internal Audit.
• Basic proficiency of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook).
• Minimum GPA (grade point average) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
• Ability to fulfill a minimum of a 10-week internship within June - August time period (potential to extend if mutually agreed).
• Effective communication and listening skills in a teamwork environment.
• Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to quickly assimilate relevant information in unfamiliar situations.
• A desire to drive change and operate as a leader in the field.
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 20,000 employees within 110 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 86% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2021.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Pharmaceutical, Laboratory, Quality Assurance, Information Systems, Science, Technology, Research
Clinical Research Jobs
Clinical Trial Oversight Lead
Senior Associate, Pricing and Market Access EMEA
Research Associate Enrollment (Entry Level)
Facilities Project Lead - Physical Plant
Molecular Technologist - Sequencing I
Research Scientist- DSE
Customer Service Manager 1
Manufacturing Science Associate I (EG)
Breeder Technician II
Research Associate I - In Vivo DMPK