Site Budget & Contracts Manager
IQVIA Holdings Inc.
Responsible for the delivery of Site Budget & Contracts Services on client projects that are using one or more services. They will lead multi-faceted project teams and ensure that Site Budget & Contracts Services are delivered on time, within budget, and in accordance with applicable pharmaceutical industry standards and regulations.
- Serve as the client’s primary point of contact for projects that are using 1 or more Site Budget & Contracts services;
- Work with Associate Dir, Site Budget & Contracts to ensure that projects are properly resourced;
- Lead internal project kick-off meetings which will include a review of the Statement of Work (SoW) and the service delivery model that will be followed to execute the services;
- Track the delivery of services against the SoW and ensure that agreed upon project targets and/or milestones are being achieved;
- Prepare ongoing unit-based forecasts for assigned projects, measure performance against those forecasts and provide actuals for revenue recognition and invoicing;
- Serve as an internal escalation point for project related issues and challenges, including advising, participating in or directly leading budget or template development and budget or language negotiations with sites;
- Serve as a lead negotiator for Clinical Trial Agreement language and budget terms, applying fallback guidance and/or making recommendations based on site or sponsor justification/positions
- Identify those elements that trigger an out-of-scope activity (i.e. additional tasks requested, timeline shift, sites added to the study) and work with the Associate Dir, Site Budget & Contracts to prepare a Change Order;
- Provide Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as required by the Associate Dir, Site Budget & Contracts to support governance meeting reporting;
- Actively participate in the training and mentoring, performance management process, setting objectives and evaluating performance of direct reports;
- Assist in hiring capable and enthusiastic team members who fit with culture of the company and are passionate about supporting customers and peers;
- Ensure that all new staff are properly onboarded, following a consistent process that is applied across the department;
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or related experience;
- 7 years of prior experience in a client service role at a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company, CRO, or other organization supporting clinical site contracting activities; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Prior experience managing staff, ideally in a clinical trials start-up group.
- Ability to motivate self and others when working under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Ability to think and act strategically;
- Demonstrated ability to delegate effectively, co-ordinate a team to achieve results;
- Knowledge of the clinical trial process including GCP, ICH guidelines and relevant FDA/EC regulations/guidelines;
- Strong knowledge of clinical trial site contract and budget management;
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills;
- Multi-language skills are a plus;
- Strong organizational, presentation, documentation, communication and interpersonal skills as well as a willingness to work in a team-oriented environment;
- Willingness to be flexible as the business requires
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at [email protected] to arrange for such an accommodation.