Director, External Reporting & Technical Accounting
Charles River Laboratories International Inc (CRL)
Director, External Reporting & Technical Accounting Req ID #: 135262 Location:
US For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about. Qualifications
• Ensure that the company’s public financial statements and other SEC filings are of the highest standards of quality, U.S. GAAP-compliant, and useful to management and the investing public.
• Manage quarterly and annual process for filing Forms 10-Q and 10-K (EDGAR and iXBRL), including drafting and reviewing documents, ensuring quality, coordinating reviews by management, legal counsel and independent auditors while adhering to strict timelines.
• Prepare, review and file other periodic SEC documents and other regulatory filings, including, but not limited to Forms 8-K, S-3, S-8, Section 16 filings, Offering Memorandum.
• Maintain external reporting calendar, including scheduling and coordinating all internal functions as well as independent auditors, legal counsel, and tax advisors.
• Coordinate with Investor Relations to assist with the preparation of earnings releases, financial reconciliations, including pro forma results, as well as investor presentations.
• Manage financial reporting system (WDesk) to provide key stakeholders financial reporting documents on a real time basis, including managing request of reviewers for comparative documents.
• Ensure that the company remains in compliance with FASB financial accounting and reporting standards and other regulatory accounting standards (e.g., execution of the financial statement disclosure checklist).
• Research new regulations, pronouncements and internal technical issues and assist in implementation of solutions.
• Oversee all aspects of accounting and forecasting for equity, include share based compensation, basic and diluted weighted average shares outstanding, treasury stock, noncontrolling interests
• Present external reporting highlights and technical accounting findings to senior and executive management as well as the Audit Committee.
• Oversee the execution of internal controls related to external reporting and technical accounting.
• Identify sustainable strategic improvements, suggest corrective actions, coordinate implementation and track efficiencies achieved.
• Identify process improvements and assist in the implementation of related processes and controls.
• Identify improvements that will positively impact corporate success and fully comply with objectives and regulations.
• Perform all other related duties as assigned. Requirements
• Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) or equivalent in accounting or related discipline. Masters Degree in Business Administration is beneficial.
• Experience: Eight to ten years related experience with at least seven of the required years with a national or regional CPA firm and/or publicly traded commercial company with consolidation. Experience with international accounting and financial reporting required.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
• Certification/Licensure: CPA strongly preferred.
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Job Segment: Manager, Biotech, Pharmaceutical, Laboratory, Management, Science, Research