Manager, Payroll T&A and Service Excellence
Charles River Laboratories International Inc (CRL)
Manager, Payroll T&A and Service Excellence Req ID #: 135215 Location:
US For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about. Job Summary The focus of this role is to promote and establish standardisation across people, process and technology for the designated geographic domain with a focus on leveraging leading practice to achieve economies of scale. A key component of the role is providing and ensuring quality control against all operational aspects associated with the processing of payroll and T&A within the designated geographic domain. This role is responsible for providing subject matter expertise to support the successful delivery of incremental solutions for the designated geographic domain within the payroll and T&A function. Incremental solutions will include but not limited to Payroll and T&A projects and programs. Acquisitions directly impacting the function, cross geographic process and functional excellence, cross geographic continuous improvement and Sox compliance
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Quality control oversight of all operational payroll processing activities. Ensure all payroll processing follow established guidelines / checklists and have appropriate supporting documentation including reporting that will evidence the accuracy and timeliness of all completed payrolls within the cycle. Each payroll completed packet should be appropriately stored and available for audit review as required.
• Partner with the designated regional operations managers to ensure full and detailed knowledge of all operational practices and act as operational backup as needed.
• Provide subject matter expertise for the execution of Payroll and T&A projects & programs for all designated countries within the specified geographic domain which includes continuous improvement and compliance initiatives.
• Identify and recommend standardization opportunities pertaining to technology and automation focusing on leading practice and scalability.
• Identify and recommend standardisation opportunities pertaining to internal operating practices
• Identify and recommend standardisation opportunities where it relates to Compliance, process and procedure in order to streamline and optimise all Payroll and T&A processing across designated geographic boundary.
• Provide subject matter expertise to all projects / programs tied to the successful delivery of new solutions.
• Provide geographic oversight in respect to managing the scheduling and delivery of designated audits within the designated geographic domain. This role will be the key point of contact in respect to Payroll controls.
• Provide subject matter expertise tied to the payroll and T&A integration of new acquisitions within designated geographic domain.
• Build and maintain excellent relationships with key stakeholders and colleagues.
• Maintain standardisation of Sarbanes-Oxley (SoX) control environment and reporting and maintain a good dialogue on SoX matters amongst all interested parties for designated geographic domain.
• All other duties assigned. Job Qualifications
• Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) or equivalent in Finance or related discipline is preferred.
• Experience: Seven plus years related payroll experience, preferably in a regional or global capacity.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
• Other: Must possess excellent interpersonal communication and influence skills. Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 suite and ADP required. Familiarity with SAP, Blackline and BPC highly desired. Must be able to learn new software quickly. Ability to read, write, speak and understand English is required.
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Job Segment: Biotech, ERP, Pharmaceutical, Manager, Science, Technology, Management, Research