Senior Business Development Manager
Parexel International Corporation
Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
To serves as overall client relationship manager and strategic business partner responsible for developing and expanding new business opportunities with customers. Oversees process of procurement of business, delivering top line business development performance for CRS, allowing PXL and CRS to achieve or exceed targets.
• Actively prospects and leverages potential new business opportunities within specified client account(s).
• Cultivates strong, long-term relationships with key decision-makers within account and develops deep knowledge of the client organization.
• Analyzes potential opportunities and develops sales strategies for each client account. Documents these strategies and opportunities in account plans. Monitors actions and results against plans.
• Appropriately maps key PAREXEL stakeholders to their peer individuals at the client account to ensure increasing intimacy between PAREXEL and client accounts.
• Provides leadership and direction in all client activities to ensure the relationship is leveraging all of PAREXEL’s capabilities and service offerings.
• Identifies and responds to client needs in order to define potential PAREXEL opportunities. Ensures appropriate strategy/solution is proposed to client.
• Leads the sales process, including identifying the appropriate bid defense team and prepares and leads the sales presentation. Educates team participants in client culture, operational needs/methods and sales techniques needed to close the sale.
• Utilizes best practice techniques in all bid pursuits.
• Ensures all post award follow-up related to the sale is expertly handled and supports the completion of all contractual documents.Qualifications[Key Skills and Attributes]
• Leadership techniques that expertly guide multifunctional teams.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to understand and appreciate multiple perspectives and cultures.
• The ability to work intelligently and smartly in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and function effectively as a team member.
• Extremely outcome focused, accustomed to driving actions to successful completion regardless of responsible party.
• Familiarity working with high level stake holders on both client and PAREXEL side.
• Willingness to work in a matrix environment and value the importance of teamwork.
• Advances degree in business or scientific discipline (Bachelor’s Degree acceptable)
• Minimum of 5 yeas sales/ business development experience where the candidate demonstrates the ability to meet and/or exceed sales targets that result in overall business success.
• Previous experience in a CRO; selling CRO services; primarily Phase 2-4
• High-level skills in Microsoft PowerPoint and similar applications. Strong awareness and effectiveness to utilize various web and social media tools.