Senior Epidemiologist - Real World Evidence
IQVIA Holdings Inc.
We have a number of new and exciting Senior Epidemiology opportunities within our fast growing and highly successful Real World & Late Phase Outcomes Research team here at IQVIA.
Within IQVIA, the Real-World Evidence Solutions (RWES) business unit employs over 1,000 dedicated staff to design, implement and manage real-world and post-marketing studies. As healthcare stakeholders increasingly need evidence to support regulatory, reimbursement and prescribing decisions, the IQVIA RWES team offers a comprehensive evidence approach to meet our customer’s unique needs for demonstrating safety, effectiveness and quality.
Working as a Senior Epidemiologist in our team, you’ll work closely with global clients and other functional groups by providing epidemiology and outcomes research leadership for observational research on the natural history of disease and comparative safety, effectiveness and cost of medical treatment. You’ll also be involved in designing methodologically sound studies to meet project objectives and regulatory and payer requirements. Additionally, you’ll be conducting and supervising analyses, evaluation and reporting of studies.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Serving as project lead or in support of project lead on client facing or internal projects.
- Authoring protocols, reports and other study documents with independent, critical thinking to ensure quality and completeness of output, overseeing timeline for deliverables associated with analysis and reporting.
- Reviewing and providing relevant epidemiological and outcomes research input to statistical analysis plans and analysis output.
- Reviewing and providing epidemiology and outcomes research input for tasks including CRF/eCRF development, form previews and other ad hoc project tasks (e.g., regulatory responses, slide deck development).
- Independently generating content and direction for business development proposals with input from senior staff as needed.
- Interacting with clients as warranted, with senior staff involvement as needed.
- Representing IQVIA externally through conference presentations.
To be successful in this role you’ll need to have a Masters Degree or PhD in public health, epidemiology, outcomes research, health economics or a relevant scientific field, and relevant work experience.
You’ll also need to have :
- Ability to design, plan and conduct observational studies of comparative effectiveness, safety and cost.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients in a global and matrixed environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet Explorer.
- Must be highly organized and self-motivated with ability to determine and meet objectives.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.