Charles River Laboratories International Inc (CRL)
Horsham, PA, US, 19044
Inventory Clerk Req ID #: 97913 Location:
Horsham, PA, US, 19044 For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about. Job Summary BASIC SUMMARY:
Responsible for coordinating and maintaining a centralized equipment/supplies resources program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Request or create new inventory item masters an automated inventory system as required.
• Monitor and maintain both physical and system balances.
• Research problems and track orders.
• Record purchase receipts, maintain database for all controlled inventory items, and perform physical count of inventory.
• Receive and distribute physical goods.
• Process transactions for issuance of materials to appropriate financial general ledger and subledger accounts.
• Document and process returns.
• Coordinate and communicate inventory needs with all levels of staff.
• Maintain research equipment within applicable SOPs, regulatory, and manufacturer guidelines.
• Assist group leader with coordinating equipment needs and use of equipment.
• Order equipment, replacement parts, and service under direction of group leader.
• Coordinate repair of research equipment by outside vendors.
• Perform all other related duties as assigned.
• Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.). Associate’s (A.A./A.S.) degree in a related field preferred.
• Experience: 1-2 years related experience in accounting or related discipline. Previous in-life experience preferred.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
• Certification/Licensure: None
• Other: Computer literacy (Windows PC), Microsoft Word and Excel. Will be using various functions of Enterprise Resource Planning System (ERP). Ability to perform basic math skills and take initiative in generating solutions to problem situations. Good communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills required.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 300 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Clerical, Inventory, Toxicology, Biotech, Pharmaceutical, Administrative, Operations, Science