Use our `search` to find similar offers.
Engineer II, Software Test
Pharmaceutical Product Development (PPD)
Hillsboro, Oregon, United States of America
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing efficiency in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Location/Division Specific InformationHillsboro, OR / Materials & Structural Analysis
As a part of the Material Science Division's Semiconductor Physical Failure Analysis (PFA) software team, you will be part of a team of engineers working towards automated solutions that enable our semiconductor customers solve their most complicated yield issues. The core of our offerings are solutions for transmission electron microscope (TEM) lamella sample preparation and 3D imaging and metrology deployed into semiconductor labs and fabs. These workflows combine different preparation and imaging technologies with growing levels of automation.
Semiconductor technology is an integral part of our lives. Behind nearly every piece of technology that we interact with every day lies the untold story of an engineer that struggled to debug issues in their microchips. By using tools like the ones developed at Thermo Fisher, that engineer was able to drive progress in the industry and provide their solution to the world.
How will you make an impact?
As a software test engineer in the Workflow & Factory Automation team, you will develop software tests that increase software quality of our microscopes. This software spans the range from controlling front-end hardware such as equipment front-end modules (EFEM) to control of custom built hardware to integration with the customer's manufacturing equipment systems (MES).
What will you do?
- Write automated tests and design automated testing frameworks and integrate it with our software development pipeline
- Install and test software on our scientific instruments in engineering and customer configurations
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle from inception to completion including requirements analysis, specification, design, implementation, and testing
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams to understand requirements to complete user stories
- Work with various other software delivery teams in Europe and the U.S. as a producer or consumer of software packages contributing to the full customer solution
- Create software quality reports as supporting the software release process
How will you get here?
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering preferred, or related field with validated software development/quality experience
- 2+ years’ experience in software development or software quality, ideally with proven examples of automated software testing experience
- Strong C# and Python skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Visual Studio IDE and experience with .NET technologies (WPF/OpenAPI)
- Experience working with Agile teams
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of Jenkins build pipelines and virtual machines preferred
- Excellent analytical and empirical problem solving skills
- Ability to quickly come up to speed by understanding new problem domains, originating sound designs, and implementing well-structured code
- Pride and professionalism writing readable, documented, and unit-tested code
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to collaborate with multi-faceted multi-functional teams
- Ability to travel
This position has not been approved for relocation assistance.
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.
Job posted: 2023-08-29