Data Team Lead - Home Based in Germany (W/M/D)
IQVIA Holdings Inc.
Frankfurt am Main, Germany
IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Purpose of roles
You’ll be responsible for managing end-to-end delivery of data management services for single/multi-service projects, ensuring quality deliverables on time and within budget, to customer satisfaction. Provide comprehensive data management expertise to Clinical Data Management (CDM) team to provide high quality data management products that meet customer needs. Direct the team in areas of project planning, execution and close-out, financial management, communications and milestone deliverables.
Data Team Lead
- Provide leadership and vision to the team
- Manage and deliver several large scale, high complexity/non-standard aspect studies across a range of customers/sponsors and Therapeutic areas
- Manage customers/sponsors at both Study and Programme Level
- Manage delivery of areas requiring specific expertise (e.g Process, Finance)
- Serve as primary point of contact for customer on data management deliverables
- Provide project management expertise working with customer data managers, key decision makers and internal team members to manage continuous process improvements, issue escalation, workload projections, and provide technical expertise
- Provide input for and perform direct negotiations with customer, e.g., timelines, financial, process, resources
- Maintain strong customer relationships
- Ensure open communications with customer and Quintiles management to manage and meet contractual obligations
- Meet with Data Operations Coordinator (DOC) and/or Data Operations team members on a regular basis to ensure milestones meet timelines and quality deliverables
- Establish strong communications with Data Operations team, functional leads, project managers and all other stake holders
- Support DM service delivery with comprehensive DM process and technical expertise in executing projects
- Serve as the escalation point for unresolved data issues; work with client data managers, vendors, internal team members for resolution
- Work with functional manager(s) to ensure appropriate resources are assigned to meet project deliverables
- Create and/or review and sign-off on all data management plan (DMP) documents
- Implement proactive quality management plan/s. Identify any service and quality issues with agreed upon specifications per the DMP and contract/SOW and work with functional manager(s) to resolve
- Track service performance and provide leadership to identify root causes of issues and implement remedial actions
- Maintain internal tracking databases and systems
Data Team Lead – Minimum Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, or educational equivalent, in health, clinical, biological or mathematical sciences, or related field, and a minimum of 5 years direct Data Management experience, including 3 or more years as a CDM project lead; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.