Nurse Educator - West Las Vegas, NV - 2452581
IQVIA Holdings Inc.
Las Vegas, Nevada
As the only global provider of commercial solutions, IQVIA understands what it takes to deliver nationally and internationally. Our teams help biopharma get their medicines to the people who need them. We help customers gain insight and access to their markets and ultimately demonstrate their product's value to payers, physicians, and patients. A significant part of our business is acting as the biopharma's sales force to physicians or providing nurses to educate patients or prescribers. With the right experience, you can help deliver medical breakthroughs in the real world.
We are excited to announce that currently we are looking for a Nurse Educator to join our team of over 10,000 global field personnel supporting our pharmaceutical and biotech clients.
Patients are at the center of our business strategies. The Nurse Educator Program is an educational based program designed as a resource for patients living with auto-immune diseases that have been prescribed specific medications. Nurse Educators provide education about specific disease treatments, and resources to help patients better begin and manage their disease state and resources associated with their prescribed medication. Nurse Educators are responsible for participating in one-on-one communications with patients. The Nurse Educator interacts with enrolled patients in person, by telephone, video platforms, email and SMS strictly following the guidelines of the program. Since the program is strictly educational based, Nurse Educators do not provide medical advice or work clinically within this role.
The Nurse Educator will:
- Coordinate and facilitate the connection between patients and program approved, patient-based resources.
- Provide direct educational training to patients on specific disease states and assigned medication.
- Provide patient-focused education to promote behavioral change for the empowerment of patients to improve specific treatment compliance
- Foster appropriate dialogue between patient and health care provider
- Bachelor's degree and/or BSN preferred
- RN licensure required in state of residency – compact multi-state license preferred
- Current nursing license in good standing
- 5 + yrs. clinical experience in healthcare to include hospital, home health, pharmaceutical or biotech
- Nurse educator experience preferred
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred
- Valid driver’s license required
- Ambassador must live in the designed territory as determined by the business
- Direct interaction with patient and support for persistence and compliance
- Knowledge of clinical data and pharmacology
- Demonstrated time management skills; planning and prioritization skills; ability to multi-task and maintain prioritization of key projects and deadlines
- Demonstrated effective presentation skills; ability to motivate others; excellent interpersonal (written and verbal) skills with demonstrated effectiveness to work cross-functional and independently
- Demonstrated ability to develop, follow and execute developed plans in an independent environment
- Dedicated home workspace
- Demonstrated ability to effectively build positive relationships both internally & externally
- Demonstrated ability to be adaptable to changing work environments and responsibilities
- Fully competent in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and iPad technology
- Flexibility to work weekends and evenings
- Travel up to 20%
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at [email protected] to arrange for such an accommodation.