IT Specialist Info Security
Charles River Laboratories International Inc (CRL)
Tranent, GB, EH33 2NE
IT Specialist Info Security Req ID #: 93093 Location:
Tranent, GB, EH33 2NE At Charles River, we are passionate about improving the quality of people’s lives. When you join our global family, you will help create healthier lives for millions of patients and their families.
Charles River employees are innovative thinkers, who are dedicated to continuous learning and improvement. We will empower you with the resources you need to grow and develop in your career.
As a Charles River employee, you will be part of an industry-leading, customer-focused company at the forefront of drug development. Your skills will play a key role in bringing life-saving therapies to market faster through simpler, quicker, and more digitalized processes. Whether you are in lab operations, finance, IT, sales, or another area, when you work at Charles River, you will be the difference every day for patients across the globe.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position, a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
Job Summary Charles River Laboratories is seeking an IT Specialist to enhance the Vulnerability Management capability in the Information Security organization. Bring your information security skills to a growing team and further develop your cyber background.
As part of the Vulnerability Management capability, you will support the analysis of software and hardware vulnerabilities in CRL’s IT systems. You will use your expertise to identify and prioritize vulnerability fix actions and mitigation strategies. As part of this team you will conduct and interpret vulnerability scans, perform penetration tests on a variety of systems and applications, and perform red team activities to determine where security measures can be enhanced.
Under general supervision, provide technical expertise and support to ensure information system data availability, integrity, authentication, confidentiality, and non-repudiation.Collect and analyze event information and perform threat or target analysis.Interpret, analyze, and report information/data security events and anomalies in accordance with Information Security directives.Participate in first-level response and address reported or detected incidents.Operate network intrusion detection, forensics, network access control, and other information security systems.Participate in the distribution of directives, vulnerability, and threat advisories to management and end users. Provide summary reports of events, incidents, and metrics. Job Qualifications • Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in computer science, information technology, or related discipline.
• Strong experience in IT security operations.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
• Certification/Licensure: IT security related certification desired (e.g., Security +, CISSP, CISA, GSEC, or similar professional certification).
• Work with computer system end users to discuss issues such as computer data access needs, security violations, and system or programming changes.
• Monitor reports of computer viruses/malware to ensure virus/malware protection systems are maintained up-to-date.
• Document computer security and emergency measures set forth in policies, standards, procedures and guidelines.
• Act as primary or secondary support for multiple IT security tools and systems, e.g., network access control, security information event management, privileged access management, identity access management, antivirus/anti-malware, endpoint encryption, forensics, eDiscovery, etc.
• Provide support to plan, coordinate, and implement the organization’s information and cyber security plan.
• Identify, investigate, and recommend appropriate corrective actions for information security incidents and potential threats, and respond to reported security violations.
• Determine causes of security violations; recommend and implement corrective action to ensure information systems security.
• Monitor and enforce compliance of security policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines for multiple platforms and diverse system environments to enhance information systems security and prevent the unauthorized use, release, modification, or destruction of data.
• Assist in developing security awareness materials, security presentations, information security training sessions, and communications to actively promote information security awareness for all users.
• May require occasional domestic or international travel.
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position. If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Job Segment: Biotech, Information Systems, Pharmaceutical, Computer Science, Science, Technology, Research