Manager, Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Partnerships (REMOTE)
Charles River Laboratories International Inc (CRL)
Wilmington, MA, US, 01887
Manager, Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Partnerships (REMOTE) Req ID #: 214327 Location:
Wilmington, MA, US, 01887 US For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position, a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly. Job Summary This new role will support the execution of CRL’s global Diversity, Equity & Inclusion strategy, including to attract, retain, support and develop diverse talent. The Manager, DE&I Partnerships will identify and manage multi-year relationships with organizations to build and strengthen Charles River Laboratories employer brand. Our partnerships serve as a bridge between our organization and the larger global community. This role will lead major, company-wide initiatives through subject matter expertise, project management and excellent collaboration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The individual will leverage best practices in diversity, equity & inclusion to support existing employees and build new employee talent pools.
• Create a framework for partnerships to support Charles River Laboratories tailored to regional and global needs.
• Identify, evaluate, develop, and maintain relationships with external partners (colleges, universities, diversity-focused organizations) that serve underrepresented groups and are aligned to CRL’s business goals.
• Define and evaluate ROI and measures of success for our existing and future partnerships and relationships.
• Provide strong project management and execution of partnership activations, including, budget, development and planning, research, communication, vendor/partner management, and reporting.
• Works collaboratively with talent acquisition and diversity sourcing to build the pipeline for diverse candidate slates.
• Partner with Talent Acquisition, Human Resources, Compliance and Business Leaders to better understand critical needs and areas of opportunity.
• Collaborate with internal and external cross-functional partners to operationalize, scale, and execute diversity activities identified as a part of the partnership agreement.
• Plan and manage program budgets working with the relevant parties in procurement, finance, legal, etc.
• Build strong relationships with HR Business Partners, Employee Resource Groups and Business Leaders in support of key initiatives.
• Support initiatives that integrate diversity into core HR processes and people practices (e.g., succession, talent development, talent acquisition, manager development, HR compliance, Affirmative Action, etc).
• Act as a champion and ambassador for our STEM learning initiatives focused on underrepresented students in STEM.
• Maintain/contribute to DE&I dashboard and review DE&I metrics quarterly to highlight progress and identify opportunities.
• Support the application process for external recognition awards and external benchmarking surveys and create action plans for improvement.
• Facilitate DE&I trainings and conversations, as needed.
• Provide support for other initiatives as assigned.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) or advanced degree preferred
• Experience: Requires a minimum of 6 of experience, ideally in a partnership role, program management, diversity and inclusion, recruiting/talent acquisition, talent management or other related role.
• Candidate with experience increasing diverse representation in a company/organization is preferred.
• Ability to influence culture by applying an equity lens to day-to-day work
• Experience working and co-creating with members of underrepresented groups
• Demonstrated success in creating programs and solutions with proven ability to deliver and sustain results
• Business acumen and knowledge of diversity, equity and inclusion best practices
• Ability to build strong relationships, internally and externally while also leading and driving change
• Candidate must be comfortable building out the strategy and laying the foundation for partnerships
• Excellent problem-solving skills, proactive, and ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment while defining this new role
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate strategy to specific actions with clear accountability
• Strong analytical and data-driven decision-making abilities
• Other: Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines. Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
• Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams & Outlook).
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position. If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
Charles River is a U.S. Federal Contractor. As a result, we must follow the Presidential Executive Order to mandate vaccinations, and ensure our employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Our main priority is the wellbeing, health, and safety of our people. We will be requiring proof of vaccination from all employees.
Anyone with requests for disability-related and/or religious exemptions should contact Talent Acquisition ([email protected]) so that information can be provided about the accommodation process at Charles River.
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 18,000 employees within 100 facilities in over 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of >80% of the drugs approved by the FDA for the past 3 years.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Recruiting, Diversity, Pharmaceutical, Project Manager, Laboratory, Human Resources, Science, Technology
Clinical Research Jobs
Associate Director - Laboratory Equipment Maintenance Global Lead
Wash room Clerk - Sherbrooke
Supervisor - Reproductive Toxicology
Clinical Research Nurse (LPN/RN) (Weekend Overnight)
Clinical Research Nurse (LPN) (Per Diem)
Clinical Feasibility Leader (Post Award) EMEA
Clinical Study Team Assistant I
Pricing and Access Associate, EMEA
Senior Clinical Study Team Assistant - FSP