Parexel International Corporation
Reporting to the Controller, the GL Accountant will be responsible for the General Ledger accounting, balance sheet reconciliations and the local statutory reporting for one or more entities within the Controllership organization.
Monthly Closing Activities: Prepares and maintains monthly GL journal entries with sufficient documentation, providing a clear audit trail Responsible for the timely preparation, review and accuracy of full US GAAP & Local GAAP balance sheet and profit & loss accounts. Ensures all balance sheet accounts are reconciled and analyzed on a monthly basis Manage the closing checklist for specific legal entities Build a positive, results-oriented work environment, building partnerships and modeling teamwork, and communicating to the team in an open, balanced and objective manner Meet individual objectives and contribute to the achievement of the team's overall objectives
• Driven and committed – able to work independently and with others to meet deadlines while managing conflicting demands.
• Team player – demonstrated ability to work as part of a cross-functional team.
• Strong analytical skills – able to identify anomalies in data and solve them quickly and effectively.
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to solve problems and think creatively – capacity to provide pragmatic solutions and have the drive to see these through to a successful conclusion.
• Open and communicative – able to interact effectively at all levels of the organization, both within and outside Finance.
• A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and learning new things
Knowledge and Experience:
• Demonstrates very good oral and written communication skills in local language and is fully proficient in English as well
• 1-2 years of relevant experience and in-depth knowledge and understanding of Record to Report procedures preferably in a Shared Service Center environment
• Background in working in accounting for a large company; international experience preferred
• Diverse computer competency with a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel. Experience with Oracle and Hyperion Application is a plus.
• US GAAP knowledge preferred
• Solid educational background in accounting or another business-related field
Similar CRA jobs
General Ledger Accountant (BlackLine team)
Senior General Ledger Accountant
Senior Accountant (Fixed Assets) 1
Sr Accountant (Compensation Accounting)
Senior GL Accountant
Accountant – Finanzbuchhalter (m/w/d) Pharma & Healthcare – German speaking
Revenue Accountant - Financial Reporting
Senior Accountant (Fixed Assets)
Accountant II - M&A and Special Projects Accounting
Senior Corporate Accountant
General Ledger Accountant
Accountant I - General Ledger
Financial Accountant I
Senior Accountant - External Reporting
Senior Accountant, Intercompany Subject Matter Expert
(Senior) Accountant - Finanzbuchhalter - Pharma & Healthcare - german speaking (m/w/d)
Senior General Ledger Accountant [FTC]