Statistical Programmer, Real World Evidence/Data Visualisation) UK/EU
Parexel International Corporation
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
*We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Statistical Programmer (Real World Evidence / Data Visualization) to work Home-Based in either the UK or other selected EU locations (Eastern Europe countries).
We are looking for an epidemiological/statistical programmer to work in a Functional Programming group. The role involves producing analysis datasets using SAS and creating visualizations from these datasets using Spotfire as well as ad-hoc analysis work. Candidates must be comfortable with creating complex analysis datasets derived from large databases and have a careful eye for outliers and errors. This will include checking the accuracy of programs written by colleagues. The role will involve interpreting plans of analysis developed by epidemiologists. At times the successful candidate will need to deliver results within short timelines and on occasion will need to balance more than one study at a time. The ability to work effectively and successfully in a team environment, strong documentation, communication and time management skills are essential. The team works using Agile methodology.
The Senior Statistical Programmer provides technical expertise for the conduct of clinical trials, acts as an
internal subject matter expert in specific areas providing technical support and expert advice, and works
independently to support various programing activities related to the analysis and reporting of clinical
study data. In addition, the Senior Statistical Programmer can fill the Statistical Programming Lead role on
projects, and liaise with sponsors, Biostatistics Leads, Data Management Leads, and other functional
areas as required. Further, the Senior Statistical Programmer will monitor quality, timelines, resource
allocation, and productivity in relation to budgets. QualificationsThe preferred candidate will have knowledge of SAS programming skills, however candidates without SAS knowledge but with knowledge of R or Python will also be considered. Candidates will need to have a programming background. Knowledge of SQL is needed. Applications from candidates with experience of working with Spotfire are encouraged. Candidates with experience of working with observational data and with epidemiological knowledge will be favoured. The main skills we are looking for however are the ability to interpret and clarify the details of a plan of analysis and to implement the programming necessary to deliver the results requested. Communication is key in this role.
Additional skills for a Senior Programmer
• 6 or more years programming at a Pharma company
• MSc required • Working with large databases is essential
• Candidates would be expected to lead projects soon after starting
• Excellent analytical skills with sound Lead experience as a Statistical Programmer within the Clinical Research (CRO) environment is essential.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Proficiency in SAS.
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of the programming and reporting process.
• Knowledge of SOP's/Guidelines, ICH-GCP, and any other applicable local and international regulations such as 21 CFR Part 11.
• Ability to learn new systems and function in an evolving technical environment.
• Strong project management skills.
• Strong organizational skills, ability to manage competing priorities, and flexibility to change.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to successfully lead a global team.
• Work effectively in a quality-focused environment.
• Effective time management in order to meet daily metrics or team objectives.
• Show commitment to and perform consistently high quality work.
• Business/operational skills that include customer focus, commitment to quality management, and problem solving.
• Demonstrate commitment to refine quality processes.
• Good presentation skills.
• Good business awareness/business development skills (including financial awareness).
Knowledge and Experience:
• Competent in written and oral English.
• Excellent communication skills.
Experience with real world healthcare data such as DRG, MarketScan, Optum, PharMetrics, Medicare and EMR databases.
• Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline and/or equivalent work experience.