Strategic Feasibility Analyst I, Home-Based, Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, IQVIA Biotech
IQVIA Holdings Inc.
To conduct clinical trial feasibility assessments based on Request for Proposals (RFPs).
To conduct ad-hoc research as requested by IQVIA Biotech Sr. Management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primarily leads the data-driven feasibility assessment of pre-award studies during the proposals process, and at times, supports new feasibility assessments for post-award studies. Supports the proposal generation, site identification, bid defenses, and other internal or client-facing meetings.
- Plans, organizes, and conducts research assignments to increase scientific knowledge on medical-related topics. It is expected that these research efforts contribute positively toward fostering internal knowledge regarding a sponsor’s investigational product, as well as externally validating IQVIA Biotech’s capabilities and strategies to the sponsor.
- Researches and communicates pertinent scientific/clinical information regarding clinical trials that IQVIA Biotech is requested to conduct feasibility on or bid on in proposal form.
- Researches information and materials needed for a successful enrollment strategy, including the identification and verification of appropriate site and investigator profiles.
- Investigates the clinical subject area provided in the sponsor’s RFP in order to define the scope of the clinical trial; Researches pertinent scientific/clinical information that may include, but is not limited to: disease background (etiology, epidemiology, statistical information, symptoms, and methods of diagnosis), current standards of care (treatments methods), how the sponsor-proposed intervention fits into the current treatment landscape, and information regarding competing therapeutics in clinical development. This information is augmented with a critical evaluation of the clinical trial protocol and supporting documents, to proactively identify study strengths and potential pitfalls.
- Identifies, analyzes, and describes the competing clinical trial landscape to assist in assessing trial feasibility; draws conclusions and makes recommendations in text document (with supporting graphs, maps, and references) to be included in the feasibility report or therapeutic background section of the proposal. Additionally, findings are communicated in strategy meetings with management and are often included in bid defense presentations.
- Identifies and presents the afore mentioned research materials to assist in determining country selection and other undefined specifications for clinical trials in the absence of sponsor input, or at the request of the sponsor.
- Utilizes the IQVIA CORE™ data sets and resources to define and enhance strategy.
- Maintains detailed records of work and creates and maintains internal libraries and databases, while also remaining informed of current scientific and clinical research being conducted.
- Works closely with members of management team and client to negotiate scope of work to be performed for a project.
- Collates the results of the various analyses into a comprehensive, yet concise report, with tables, graphs and all cited references.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of government/international databases, open source databases or more proprietary databases (e.g., PubMed, ClinicalTrials.gov, Citeline). Thorough knowledge of the feasibility and proposal processes. Ability to maintain long-range projects while managing daily details with a high degree of accuracy.
- Thorough knowledge of clinical trials.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written).
- Strong organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Strong proficiency of Microsoft Office applications and data queries.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Demonstrated ability to perform multiple tasks effectively.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff to coordinate and execute proposal activities.
- Ability to travel, as needed (domestically, or internationally)
CRITICAL JOB FUNCTIONS IN ACCORDANCE WITH ADA CRITERIA:
- Very limited physical effort required to perform normal job duties.
MINIMUM RECRUITMENT STANDARDS:
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field (advanced scientific/clinical degree, such as PhD, or PharmD, preferred) and 1 - 2 years of direct experience in scientific report or manuscript writing, which includes one year of relevant/related experience within a CRO setting, as a strategic feasibility analyst, or in an operational function.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Prior experience in publishing peer-reviewed publications and giving scientific/clinical research presentations.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and work in a team environment is essential.
- Working proficiency of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
CLASSIFICATION (US only):
This position is classified as exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act and employees are not eligible to earn overtime compensation.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.