Contracts & Proposal Mgr
IQVIA Holdings Inc.
Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania
IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
The Real World Solutions business line of the IQVIA US business unit supports our clients to provide real world evidence in support of accelerating and informing research and commercialization by providing analysis and understanding of the clinically-rich data in the context of their business and across the entire healthcare ecosystem.
The contract manager plays a pivotal role in the completion of contracts to assist with the real world solutions service line meeting their revenue objectives.
The contract manager will report to the Director of Contracts and will be held accountable for the accuracy of the contracts. You will be responsible for reviewing content of the proposals and submitting contracts to the sales team that represent the appropriate terms for the real world solutions service line.
• Serve as the day-to-day point of contact for review and negotiation of standard and non-standard contracts; liaison with Legal, Finance and other teams within the IQVIA organization to accommodate internal and external changes to standard terms and conditions to efficiently close a mutually acceptable contract.
• Analyze proposals to determine contract terms required, both standard and non-standard
• Draft and review legal and business terms under the guidance of the contracts playbook, as well as attorney support, as needed. Review and approve draft language prepared by other Contracts team members.
• Develop broad knowledge of the IQVIA real world evidence business line and their respective products/services through the review and preparation of agreements, as well as formal and informal learning opportunities.
• Prepare client statements of work, amendments and other client correspondence as needed under limited supervision while identifying potential risks associated with terms and conditions to minimize risk(s) for the organization and business teams.
• Communicate/articulate concerns to appropriate IQVIA legal and business representatives.
• Manage a heavy workload to ensure internal/external client performance expectations are met; proactively engage business team to complete contract renewal cycle.
• Leverage business experience utilizing business acumen to identify solutions to address client concerns while aligning to IQVIA business objectives.
• Identify and assist in the implementation/communication of new contract processes, as appropriate.
Minimum Education, Experience, & Specialized Knowledge Required:
- 2-5 years of contract management experience a must,
- Strong passion for learning, getting things done, solving contract issues
- Experience drafting contract language and asking questions to resolve contract needs
- Experience with managing internal departments (including IT and finance) to provide feedback and approvals required for an accurate contract
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Strong Microsoft Word, SharePoint and Salesforce.com CRM skills/knowledge
To be successful in this role, you must also:
- Work well in a collaborative, team based environment (both work autonomously and as part of a team)
- Be a self-starter who enjoys collaborating
- Be flexible/agile and able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Be fast and efficient and able to multi-task
- Be a strong communicator
- Have strong business acumen skills
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at [email protected] to arrange for such an accommodation.