Associate Scientific Director (Next Generation Sequencing - Oncology)
Parexel International Corporation
USA - Any Region - Home Based
Fantastic opportunity to join Parexel’s growing Genomics team! As an Associate Scientific Director, you will work on interesting projects for a large dedicated client partnership and become a highly visible and trusted member of a highly supportive and wonderful team!
The Associate Director is an experienced scientist responsible for providing scientific leadership to the client delivering on both strategy development and deployment in genetics, genomics, and other translational sciences. S/he may provide guidance on the development of new service lines and provide subject matter expertise to capability development projects within the department and across the integrated Parexel organization. The Associate Scientific Director serves as a key interface between the client and BGM team and develops strong relationships with clients
• Define and execute biomarker data analysis plan for late stage oncology clinical studies, under the guidance of senior team members, clinical development team, biomarker scientist, biostatistician, and others key stakeholders.
• Perform analysis of clinical and biomarker datasets (e.g., large-scale omics datasets including RNASeq, WES, WGS) and derive clinically meaningful interpretations.
• Identify potential biomarkers for patient enrichment strategies and gain mechanistic insights of responses.
• Accountable for end to end delivery and quality review of all client projects under his or her leadership. May lead project team and coordinate the activities of a multi-disciplinary team.
• Authors or contributes to the development of clinical protocols, clinical study reports, regulatory responses, submissions, and publications for peer reviewed journals
• Contributes to the development of departmental capabilities including procedures and technology
• Coaches, mentors and trains staff to help staff meet organizational and personal career goals.
• Maintains a strong working knowledge of genomics, drug development and provides subject matter expertise to internal and external teams as needed
• Develops and maintains a positive relationship with internal and external clients and team members, building partnerships and promoting teamwork
• Represents Parexel and/or clients at marketing and scientific meetingsQualificationsSkills:
• Must be proficient with programming in R, Python, and shell scripting
• Must possess relevant skills in statistics
• Must possess at least intermediate-level expertise of UNIX/LINUX environment
• Proficiency with genomics data standards such as SAM, BAM, VCF, BED, WIG, and other related ones, is preferred
• Proficiency with genomics tools such as bedtools, GATK, samtools, vcftools, bwa, STAR, and other related, is preferred
• Experience with machine learning techniques is a plus
• Proficiency with analytics platform such as Spotfire is preferred
• Strong experience in adapting to changing genomics tool and technology landscape
• Demonstrated, extensive experience in successfully leading project and program deliverables. Strong program management skills with excellent attention to detail
• Demonstrate independent thought and ability to influence design and implementation of project and program deliverables
• Strong organizational, problem solving and/or analytical skills
• Models and promotes the importance of teamwork and working in a matrix environment. Exhibits and promotes a flexible attitude to work assignments and new learning
• Excellent clinical/scientific writing skills
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent standard of written and spoken English
Knowledge and Experience:
• Five or more years’ experience in pharmaceutical industry, CRO or academia
• Expert knowledge of genomics and drug development,
• Extensive experience in genetic analysis, bioinformatics and computational programming
• Knowledge and experience of common bioinformatics databases, resources and tools
• Experience handling, processing and analyzing large volume genetic, genomic, or other omics data, especially, next-generation sequencing, genotype arrays, etc., is required
• Knowledge of regulatory requirements impacting genomic medicine and drug development is a plus
• Experience with analyzing clinical trial data is a plus
• Experience working in the oncology disease area, is strongly preferred
• PhD degree level preferred (genetics, bioinformatics, pharmacy or related discipline). Relevant experience required. MS degree maybe considered with extensive experience.EEO DisclaimerParexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.