Manager Software Testing
IQVIA Holdings Inc.
Conducts quality assurance testing of highly complex software applications.
• Carries out procedures to ensure that all information systems products and services meet minimum organization standards and end-user requirements.
• Defines master test plans to document overall testing strategy for a project.
• Thoroughly tests software to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects prior to implementation. Documents and works to resolve all problems.
• Devises improvements to current procedures and develops models of possible future configurations. Performs work flow analysis and recommends quality improvements.
• Establishes software quality standards for life cycle, documentation, development methods, testing and maintenance.
• Establishes quantitative measurements and techniques for measuring software quality.
• Establishes advanced software test standards and methods and conducts complex software tests.
• Reviews and evaluates software quality assurance products and services for applicability to in-house needs.
• Assists with selection of software test engineers for assignment to projects. Mentors and manages more junior level test engineers.
• May be responsible for managing teams of onshore and offshore resources.
• Bachelor's Degree Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience Req
• Eight (8) years related experience in quality assurance and testing Req
• Provide management direction to database administration team members.
IQVIA continues to expand their tech and applications products and is introducing NextGen Commercial Content Management system. This product will be integrated with other systems. It is for the use by some of the world’s leading healthcare and life-science organizations, and is expected to be one of the most innovative cloud-based solutions available. Our continued growth has opened up new opportunities.
We exist and love to come to work because we are passionate about solving complex technical challenges, we love to work with the members in our team, we learn from each other every day, and we value working as a team more than working individually.
What We Value
• Stealth innovation
• A love for learning
• Ship early, ship often
• Happiness and positivity
• Excellent communication skills
• 6-8 years of relevant manual testing and/or automation engineering experience
• Experience in testing iOS apps and/or Salesforce.com apps
• Effective written and oral communication skills
• Good analytical, reasoning and problem solving skills
• Ability to work in an Agile, globally-distributed environment
• Degree in Computer Science or a related subject
• Testing experience with CRM and/or Salesforce.com (especially Lightning) products
• Automation for testing iOS and/or Salesforce.com apps (especially Selenium or Appium)
• Experience with tools like TestRail, Jira, and Confluence
• Experience using SOQL (from Salesforce.com) in SoqlXplorer or Data Loader
• Will work closely with Product owner and development teams to ensure the product requirements are groomed appropriately and once development is completed testing is accomplished by the quality assurance team in a timely fashion.
• Monitor the progress of the testing and report the progress on a regular basis.
• Understand existing architecture on salesforce platform and provide technical leadership to the quality assurance team.
• Responsible for estimating and planning the quality assurance of Product for new releases and hotfixes as applicable.
• Be the subject matter expert for the quality assurance team and guide the team members to effectively and efficiently perform the testing of compliance.
• Review functional and design requirements to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables to enable development of good test scenarios
• Collaborate with globally distributed Product Management and Agile Development teams
• Ensures that projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
• Frequent contacts with internal personnel and outside customer representatives at various management levels concerning operations or scheduling of specific phases of projects or contracts. Conducts briefings and participates in technical meetings for internal and external representatives concerning specific operations.
• Interprets, executes, and recommends modifications to QA policies.
• Determines and establishes organizational structures and supervisory relationships within the Quality Assurance Department(s)
• Needs to be able to work in an Agile framework with 2 to 4 weeks sprints
• Participate in Backlog Grooming to establish test plan for each sprint/story
• Focus on test automation
• Develops and administers budgets, schedules, and performance standards
• Supervise a team of third-party QA Analysts and QA Engineers on shore and off shore
• Contribute to all phases of the development cycle including scheduling/estimation, specification, design and prototype activities, usability initiatives, documentation, delivery and release
• Set the overall testing strategy and lead the development of test plans that enable the timely and accurate testing of multiple client-facing products
• Ensures that projects are completed on time following established procedures (QA SOPs) and schedules
• Communicate status of projects with stakeholders
• Help coordinate staff resources for assigned projects
• Assist development and other QA members in determining practical workarounds and resolutions to defects and issues
• Works with development teams to provide testing results, plans to develop trust and credibility
• Leads test automation activities to reduce test execution cycle times
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at [email protected] to arrange for such an accommodation.