Fullstack Developer (Python)
IQVIA Holdings Inc.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Full Stack Developer (Python)
The Solutions Development team here at Linguamatics (An IQVIA company) is working alongside our flagship product, I2E, which provides world-class NLP and text mining for the life sciences and healthcare sectors. We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Python Developer who truly wants to make a difference to the health of the world.
At Linguamatics we look for the very best people and then give them meaningful work to do. We don’t simply think about jobs and tasks – we think about career growth and contributions. By joining us you will become part of a fast-paced, highly skilled software engineering team that takes their professionalism very seriously. This opportunity is open to home-based working, though please note that successful candidates must reside in the UK.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working across multiple teams to create new internal and customer-facing solutions supporting the life science and healthcare sectors.
- Design and development of server-side technologies to scale and deploy Linguamatics’ core NLP algorithms into new use-cases.
- Occasional design and development of web applications with world-class UX and design.
- Integration of Linguamatics products with third party technologies to deliver enhanced value.
The ideal candidate will have most of the following skills and experience:
- In-depth experience of server-side development using Python.
- Understanding of cloud-native orchestration & deployment tools, e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible.
- Practical understanding of web design and application frameworks, especially Django and Django REST Framework.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs.
- Full-cycle software engineering skills, e.g. OO design, design patterns, automated testing, continuous integration, and continuous delivery.
- Degree from a top university or equivalent qualification in computer science, mathematics, physics, or a related discipline.
To get the most out of working for Linguamatics, the ideal candidate must have:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A desire to keep learning and keep up with new technologies.
- The ability to reason about code.
- Self-motivation, with the ability to bridge multiple technical areas and work in cross-functional teams.
- A startup mentality to get things up and running quickly, and a love of rapid, iterative, customer-centric development.
- A passion for writing high-quality, well-tested code.
- A drive to work with similarly talented and engaged people.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Linguamatics delivers market-leading Natural Language Processing-based AI platform for high-value knowledge discovery and decision support from text. We empower our customers to speed up drug development and improve patient outcomes by breaking down data silos, boosting innovation, enhancing quality, and reducing risk and complexity.
Those who join us become part of a recognized global leader still willing to challenge the status quo to improve patient care. In the RWS group, you'll have access to the most cutting-edge technology, the largest data sets, the best analytics tools and, in our opinion, some of the finest minds in the Healthcare industry.
You can drive your career at IQVIA and choose the path that best defines your development and success. With exposure across diverse geographies, capabilities, and vast therapeutic and information and technology areas, you can seek opportunities to change and grow without boundaries.
IQVIA is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We believe that a work environment that embraces diversity will give us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and enhance our success.
We believe that an inclusive and respectful workplace culture fosters a sense of belonging among our employees, builds a stronger team, and allows individual employees the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.