Aelix Therapeutics started a study of HIV-1 Vaccines MVA.HTI and ChAdOx1.HTI With TLR7 Agonist Vesatolimod (GS-9620) in Early Treated HIV-1 Infection.
The company Aelix Therapeutics is enrolling patients into the clinical trial investigating Safety, Tolerability and Immunogenicity of MVA.HTI and ChAdOx1.HTI With Vesatolimod in HIV-1 Positive Patients (AELIX-003).
AELIX-003 study aims to investigate the safety, tolerability, immunogenicity and efficacy of a regimen containing AELIX Therapeutics' HTI T-cell vaccines and Gilead´s Toll-Like Receptor 7 (TLR7) agonist vesatolimod in HIV-infected individuals on antiretroviral therapy. Study that will be conducted in 57 participants who have started antiretroviral therapy during early HIV infection, enrolled at various clinical trial sites in Spain. All participants will be on antiretroviral therapy upon starting the study, with their HIV viral loads <50 copies/mL. Following exposure to the vaccine/vesatolimod, all participants, under careful monitoring, will temporarily stop their antiretroviral drugs to determine if the intervention is effective in keeping their HIV levels under control.
The trial is designed to enroll male and female 18 Years to 60 Years and is being conducted in the IrsiCaixa AIDS Research Institute, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Badalona, Barcelona, Spain; Hospital Universitario de Bellvitge, Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain; Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona, Spain; Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain; Hospital Universitario Vall d'Hebrón, Barcelona, Spain; Hospital La Princesa, Madrid, Spain; Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Marañón, Madrid, Spain; Hospital Universitario Ramon y Cajal, Madrid, Spain; Hospital Clínico San Carlos, Madrid, Spain; Hospital Universitario La Paz, Madrid, Spain.
The study start date is February 20, 2020.
The patients that can be enrolled into this study include:
- Female participants who use hormonal contraceptive as one of their birth control methods must have used the same method for at least 3 months before the first vaccination.
- Female participants who have stopped menstruating for ≥12 months but do not have documentation of ovarian hormonal failure must have a serum follicle stimulating hormone level at screening that is within the post menopausal range as provided in the Central Laboratory Manual.
- If heterosexually active male, must use condoms or practice sexual abstinence from the screening visit until 90 days after the end of the study (or 100 days after the last dose of vesatolimod, whichever is later). Female partners of male participants must be using highly effective methods of birth control from the screening visit until 90 days after the end of the study (or 100 days after the last dose of vesatolimod, whichever is later).
Population that cannot be included into this study:
- Pregnant or lactating at the screening visit or at any time during the study or is planning on becoming pregnant over the duration of the study.
- If available, has genotypic data (e.g., HIV genotype data) that demonstrate the presence of clinically significant mutations that would prevent the construction of a viable ART regimen post-treatment interruption.
- Has reported multiple periods of suboptimal adherence to ART, defined as reported episodes of at least 3 days without ART that were unrelated to participation in an ATI clinical study.
- Has a history of past ART interruptions lasting longer than 2 weeks.
- Has participated in another interventional clinical study within 30 days before screening.
- Has any acquired immune deficiency syndrome-defining disease or progression of HIV related disease within 90 days of screening visit.
- Has a history of any moderate and/or severe autoimmune disease.
- Has a history or clinical manifestations of any physical or psychiatric disorder that could impair the participant's ability to complete the study.
- Is taking HIV protease inhibitors (including low-dose ritonavir), cobicistat-containing regimens, elvitegravir, efavirenz, etravirine, or nevirapine.
- Participants on prohibited ART medications will be allowed to switch to an accepted treatment between screening and baseline.
- Is taking any other concomitant treatments non compatible with vesatolimod Participants on non-compatible medications at screening (e.g., atorvastatin, proton pump inhibitors) will be allowed to switch treatments; non compatible medications must be stopped at least 30 days prior to the first dose of vesatolimod.
- Has received approved vaccines within 2 weeks of study entry or has had a previous immunisation with any experimental immunogens within the previous 2 years.
- Will receive any vaccines within 4 weeks prior to, or 2 weeks after, any of the planned CCMM administrations or on a week when vesatolimod is administered.
- Has a history of anaphylaxis or a severe adverse reaction to vaccines.
- Has received blood products within 6 months of screening.
- Has received treatment for cancer or lymphoproliferative disease within 1 year of screening.
- Has received any other current or prior therapy within 30 days prior to the screening visit that, in the opinion of the investigators and/or the sponsor, would make the participant unsuitable for the study or influence the results of the study.
- Has current or has had recent use (within last 3 months before the screening visit) of IFN or systemic corticosteroids or other immunosuppressive agents (use of inhaled steroids for pulmonary conditions or topical steroids for localised skin conditions is permitted).
- Has abnormalities of the following laboratory tests at screening: Haematology - Haemoglobin <11 g/dL (females) or 11.5 g/dL (males) - Absolute neutrophil count ≤1000/mm3 - Absolute lymphocyte count ≤600/mm3 - Platelets ≤100,000/mm3 or ≥550,000/mm3 Clinical Chemistry - Creatinine >1.3 × upper limit of normal (ULN) - Aspartate aminotransferase >2.5 × ULN - Alanine aminotransferase >2.5 × ULN Microbiology - Positive hepatitis B surface antigen - Positive for hepatitis C antibody, unless confirmed clearance of hepatitis C virus infection (spontaneous or following treatment) determined by negative serum hepatitis C virus polymerase chain reaction - Positive serology indicating active syphilis requiring treatment; 19. Is unwilling to undergo an ATI as planned during the study. 20. Is not suitable for inclusion in the study based on the judgment of the investigator or sponsor. 21. Current alcohol, drug, or substance abuse or history of such abuse within the 6 months prior to screening.
- Haemoglobin <11 g/dL (females) or 11.5 g/dL (males) - Absolute neutrophil count ≤1000/mm3 - Absolute lymphocyte count ≤600/mm3 - Platelets ≤100,000/mm3 or ≥550,000/mm3 Clinical Chemistry - Creatinine >1.3 × upper limit of normal (ULN) - Aspartate aminotransferase >2.5 × ULN - Alanine aminotransferase >2.5 × ULN Microbiology - Positive hepatitis B surface antigen - Positive for hepatitis C antibody, unless confirmed clearance of hepatitis C virus infection (spontaneous or following treatment) determined by negative serum hepatitis C virus polymerase chain reaction - Positive serology indicating active syphilis requiring treatment; 19. Is unwilling to undergo an ATI as planned during the study.
- Is not suitable for inclusion in the study based on the judgment of the investigator or sponsor.
- Current alcohol, drug, or substance abuse or history of such abuse within the 6 months prior to screening.
This page provides a more detailed overview of this clinical trial: https://ichgcp.net/clinical-trials-registry/NCT04364035
Clinical Research News
Upcoming Clinical Trials
NCT04024696RecruitingA Clinical Study to Evaluate Pharmacokinetics, Safety, and Tolerability of Abexinostat in Chinese PatientsConditions: Non Hodgkin Lymphoma
NCT04016090RecruitingConditions: Healthy Aging, Aging, Menopause
NCT04014348RecruitingGeospatial Analysis of Neighborhood Environmental Stress in Relation to Biological Markers of Cardiovascular Health and Health Behaviors in WomenConditions: Cardiovascular (CV) Risk
NCT04013217RecruitingConditions: Solid Tumor
NCT04034251RecruitingIntraperitoneal and Intravenous Paclitaxel Chemotherapy With Oral Capecitabine for Gastric Adenocarcinoma With Peritoneal CarcinomatosisConditions: Gastric Adenocarcinoma, Gastric Cancer, Esophagogastric Junction, Peritoneal Carcinomatosis
NCT04033445RecruitingConditions: Ulcerative Colitis
NCT04050007RecruitingConditions: Respiratory Insufficiency
NCT04049604RecruitingConditions: Maternal Neoplasia
NCT04045600RecruitingConditions: Aggression, Self-injurious Behavior
Recent CRA jobs
Senior Director, Real World Evidence
Data Management Lead (Bloemfontein, Centurion or Decentralized, SA)
Senior Associate Clinical Outcomes Assessment (UK/EU locations)
Senior Director, Business Transformation Relationship Management
Associate Scientific Director, Genomic Medicine
SD/D, Business Unit Head, Medical Communication, APAC
Data Coordinator - MRL
Systems Engineer Co-Op - Fall 2021
Software Development Co-Op - Fall 2021