Apheresis Registered Nurse II
Charles River Laboratories International Inc (CRL)
Bothell, WA, US, 98021
Apheresis Registered Nurse II Req ID #: 192375 Location:
Bothell, WA, US, 98021 For over 40 years, HemaCare, a Charles River company, has worked to making a positive impact on the world by providing the highest quality cellular material and services to biotech and
pharmaceutical companies and research organizations that are performing innovative research and developing novel cell-based therapies.
We recognize that our success depends on the vision and passion of our employees; that is why we are devoted to making HemaCare a rewarding and valuable place to work. We believe in making a difference, and at HemaCare, you will make a difference every day. Job Summary The Apheresis Registered Nurse II will assume responsibility for the daily activities involved in the collection of plateletpheresis, leukapheresis, and whole blood. Must be able to interact with various departments to ensure integrity and quality of daily processes.
• Utilize applicable aseptic techniques to plan, perform, and chart the following procedures in accordance with HemaCare policies and procedures.
• Automated plateletpheresis and leukapheresis including set-up, run, quality control, troubleshooting and routine maintenance.
• White blood cell collections and other special procedures as required.
• Whole blood procedures.
• Make appropriate adjustments to apheresis machines based on product integrity and physical status of donor.
• Expertise in venous access, identification, and treatment of donor reactions.
• Expertise in blood donor medical history.
• Expertise in assessment of laboratory reports.
• Preparation of all paperwork related to daily production.
• Oversee satisfactory completion of all donor records.
• Appropriate handling of information regarding positive test results.
• Ability to understand and correctly use the Blood Establishment Computer Software (BECS). Job Qualifications
• Minimum of 5 years of acute care nursing experience or
• 6 years previous blood banking, apheresis and phlebotomy experience preferred
• Associates degree in healthcare required, BSN preferred
• Must have current Washington RN licensure
• Maintain current BLS card
• Must have good phlebotomy technique including the ability to assess the status of venous integrity, signs, and symptoms of citrate sensitivity, alterations in vasomotor state and fluid volume and inadequate coagulation of extracorporeal circuit.
• Previous Electronic Medical Record Software (EMR) experience
• Blood Establishment Computer Software (BECS) experience, preferred
HemaCare, a Charles River company, is a global leader and trusted brand in the customization of human-derived biological products and services for biomedical research, drug discovery, and cell and gene therapy development. HemaCare’s vertically integrated solutions support preclinical research, clinical studies from phases 1 to 3, and commercialization with high-quality RUO and GMP-compliant starting material and apheresis collections.
In January 2020, HemaCare was acquired by Charles River Laboratories, an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). Combined with Charles River’s integrated, early-stage portfolio of discovery, safety assessment, and manufacturing support services, the acquisition creates a unique, comprehensive solution for researchers and cell therapy developers and manufacturers worldwide to help accelerate their critical programs from basic research and proof-of-concept to regulatory approval and commercialization. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs and enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market. We work closely with our clients throughout the clinical process to maximize success and drive positive clinical outcomes.
Together, with over 17,000 employees within 80 facilities in 23 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, government agencies, and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At HemaCare, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. We have proudly supported the development of 100% of the current commercially available FDA-approved immunocellular therapies. Our mission is to provide a best-in-class portfolio of high quality, customizable human cellular material and services to support drug discovery, scientific research, and cell therapy. This resonates from our employees and impacts our customers because we know that every day is an opportunity to advance discoveries and make a difference in someone’s life.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com and www.hemacare.com.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Pharmaceutical, Testing, Telecom, Telecommunications, Research Scientist, Science, Technology
Similar CRA jobs
Clinical Nurse Educator/ Surgical Technologist- Novayste
Regional Research Nurse Oncology
Virtual Nurse Educator, Boston, MA (New LondonCT, Providence RI, Westerley RI, Portsmouth NH and Manchester NH) - 2452581
Clinical Trials Nurse Practitioner-Novasyte
Casual Home Infusion Nurse Port Macquarie area
Clinical Research Nurse (Day Shift/PRN)
Clinical Research Coordinator / Nurse: Must be able to Commute to South Bend, IN
Clinical Trial Nurse - Julatten/Cairns
Clinical Research Nurse II ; AES
Casual Clinical Trial Home Infusion Nurse Lake Cathie
Registered Nurse ; AES
Nurse Educator - Atlanta, GA - TXA08656
Nurse Educator - West Las Vegas, NV - 2452581
Casual Nurse - IV Infusion Derby SA
Clinical Consultant - Registered Nurse for North Netherlands
Clinical Research Nurse
Virtual Nurse Educator - Las Vegas NV, Portland OR, Redmond WA - 2452581
Casual Registered Nurse - Cairns
Nurse Educator - Tampa, FL - 2452581