Contract and Budget Specialist II
Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (Covance)
Durham, North Carolina, United States of America
Contracts and Budget Specialist II
Home Based in USA
As part of a global team you will be responsible for preparing country site budgets and study financial appendices, assisting with the negotiation of site agreement budgets and financial exhibits of a certain complexity.
- Develop Clinical Trial Agreements (CTAs) utilizing standard templates and information from Contract Information Sheets. Ensure CTAs are executed in a timely manner in order to meet expected timelines for study start-up. Liaise with the legal departments to ensure any content changes to the CTAs are mutually agreeable, and in accordance with client's legally approved standard agreement language. Participate in Study kick-off meetings to obtain necessary information required for effective CTA execution
- .Solid understanding of standard contract language to enable decision making pertaining to sections of CTAs when language modifications are proposed by external contract parties. If language is not compliant, discuss issues with legal and work with the legal department, sites, contractors or vendors to resolve them.
- Generate site budgets based on final approved country budget in preparation for distribution to sites and following up with investigators. Research medical procedure costs using local or global database in order to provide accurate data for development of the site level budgets to allow Country Lead Monitors/Study Managers to calculate the latest average costs on procedures for their new studies.
- Manage CTAs ensuring all changes to agreements and corresponding components are updated according to client’s legal standards and client Global SOPs.
- Responsible to ensure annual review of all templates with the Legal department and Local Head of Monitoring and Site Management
- Manage the contract tracking database, including coordination of timely updates with respect to CTA. Ensure accuracy of information and reconcile discrepancies between documents and the database. Responsible for posting of fully executed contracts in eFiliA and locally on the Clinical Operations secure drive.
- Process for each study, internal approval forms and other documents which are required to ensure compliance with the Internal Signatory Process and are also required for annual audits.
- Ensure excellent communication and collaboration as point person among clinical trial site personnel (Investigator, Study Coordinator, Institution's Legal Counsel) client’s Head, Clinical Operations, Legal Counsel and Manager, Insurance, throughout the contract negotiation process.
- Responsible for preparing for internal audits by maintaining a complete and accurate paper trail for each site contract negotiation.
- Negotiate Master Services Agreements (MSAs) with Institutions where Clinical Trials have been conducted and ensure they are reviewed prior to their renewal dates
- Must have a Bachelors’ degree or an equivalent scientific or commercial Higher Vocational education
- Experience in the healthcare field, pharmaceutical industry or clinical research preferred.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Similar CRA jobs
Cardiovascular Physician Training Specialist - San Diego - 2631961
German-speaking Specialist I, Patient Safety Solutions
Sr. Corporate Counsel, Transactions and Commercial
Product Specialist - Life Cycle Safety - Europe
Animal Care / Husbandry Technician 1 (EG)
IT Specialist Info Security
Solution Sales Specialist - Financial Institutions
Associate Director, Depot and Production
Site Contract Specialist - Paris, France
Assistant Technician - 18 months contract (Sherbrooke)
Senior Research Scientist, Surgery and Efficacy Study Directors
Talent Acquisition Specialist - Technology
Sample Handling Asst I
RSU Contracts & Proposal Manager
Technical Training Specialist 2
Vendor Contract Associate, CTP
Research Technician - Pharmacokinetics and Acute Toxicology (EG)
Statistician and R Programmer (Home Based)(m/f/d)
Sales Solution Specialist – Financial Institutions