Business Development Director - Preclinical Research & Vivarium Services (San Fran/Seattle)
Charles River Laboratories International Inc (CRL)
Bothell, WA, US, 98021
Business Development Director - Preclinical Research & Vivarium Services (San Fran/Seattle) Req ID #: 183671 Location:
Bothell, WA, US, 98021 Menlo Park, CA, US, 94025 San Diego, CA, US, 92121 South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 Hollister, CA, US, 95023 Brisbane, CA, US, 94005 San Diego, CA, US, 92121 S. San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 Irvine, CA, US, 92612 San Diego, CA, US, 92121 South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 San Francisco, CA, US, 94158 Reno, NV, US, 89511 South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 San Diego, CA, US, 92121 South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 San Diego, CA, US, 92121 San Diego, CA, US, 92121 South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 US Emeryville, CA, US, 94608 San Diego, CA, US, 92121 Emeryville, CA, US, 94608 South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 S. San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 S. San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 Northridge, CA, US, 91325 San Diego, CA, US, 92121 Redwood City, CA, US, 94063 South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 San Diego, CA, US, 92130 South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 Carlsbad, CA, US, 92010 Thousand Oaks, CA, US, 91320 S. SanFrancisco, CA, US, 94080 Thousand Oaks, CA, US, 91320 San Diego, CA, US, 92121 South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 San Diego, CA, US, 92121 S. San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 San Diego, CA, US, 92121 S. San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 San Diego, CA, US, 92109 San Diego, CA, US, 92121 South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 S. San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 San Diego, CA, US, 92121 San Diego, CA, US, 92121 San Diego, CA, US, 92121 For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position, a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly. Job Summary Position Summary:
The San Francisco/Seattle, Business Development Director is responsible for expanding new and existing customer relationships and building the Explora BioLabs (a Charles River company) brand in the assigned territory.
This position must live local to the Bay Area / Northern CA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Achieves annual sales goal within defined territory through the development and maintenance of current and prospective opportunities.
• Retains current business baseline revenue by managing client relationships with the help of Business Leaders and respective supportive teams.
• Negotiates client and prospect contracts.
• Develops new approaches to meeting customer needs. Establishes customer service standards, monitors customer satisfaction, and promotes customer focus.
• With the help of Management, creates and executes territory strategy plan, expands assigned territory by pursuing existing and new leads, cold-calls (in-person and by phone), attends national and local vendor shows, hosts capabilities presentations, develops and maintains personal network.
• With the help of Management, prepares forecast and budget; schedules expenditures; analyzes variances.
• Works with Management in identifying market trends, then liaises with Business Leaders to modify service portfolio in anticipation of needs.
• Coordinates with other departments to develop client quotes; determines pricing/margin strategies to maximize client value and revenue.
• Initiates client onboarding.
• Sets and manages client expectations.
• Provides general intelligence on key competitors.
• Uses CRM and other platforms to track leads/opportunities.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reads professional publications.
• Performs all other related duties as assigned.
• Achievement Focus - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. Recognizes and acts on opportunities. Sets and achieves challenging goals. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
• Communications - Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
• Planning and Organization - Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
• Problem Solving - Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations. Job Qualifications
• Will consider up to Ph.D.-level (minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences).
• 5+ years of related experience (Biotech Sales preferred).
• Established track record of closing new opportunities with existing and new clients.
• Established track record of launching new territories.
• Must be able to travel overnight as required (up to 30% of time).
• Must be able to succeed in a fast-paced, team environment.
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position. If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
Charles River is a U.S. Federal Contractor. As a result, we must follow the Presidential Executive Order to mandate vaccinations, and ensure our employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Our main priority is the wellbeing, health, and safety of our people. We require proof of vaccination from all employees.
Anyone with requests for disability-related and/or religious exemptions should contact Talent Acquisition ([email protected]) so that information can be provided about the accommodation process at Charles River.
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 18,000 employees within 100 facilities in over 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of >80% of the drugs approved by the FDA for the past 3 years.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Pharmaceutical, Recruiting, Laboratory, Quality Assurance, Science, Human Resources, Research, Technology
Similar CRA jobs
Research Associate 2
Medical Director, Early Phase
Market Research Team Leader - Austria/Switzerland
Associate Director Pharmacokinetics
Director, Site Contracts
Medical Director - Cardiology or Internal Med w/ Cardio focus
Regulatory & Start Up Manager
Clinical Research Associate (CRA) II - sponsor-dedicated
Project Quality & Risk Lead II
Exec Director, Strategy - Home based
Facilities & Warehouse Manager
Human Resource Business Partner
Business Process Assistant
Director, Solution Management
Specimen Processing Technician Animal Research
Représentant des ventes internes/ Sales Development representative - H/F - V.I.E 12 mois (Pays-Bas)
Manager, Data Services Quality Management
Associate Director, HEOR Statistics
Business Analyst Commercial Analytics Healthcare
Service Delivery Manager - End User Services