Infrastructure Technology Engineer 1
Charles River Laboratories International Inc (CRL)
Cambridge, GB, CB23 6DP
Infrastructure Technology Engineer 1 Req ID #: 199691 Location:
Cambridge, GB, CB23 6DP GB East Kingston, NH, US, 03827 Keele, GB, ST5 5SP Hatfield, GB, AL10 9SN Tranent, GB, EH33 1EH US Harlow, GB, CM19 5TR Tranent, GB, EH33 2NE Port Seton, GB, EH32 0TD At Charles River, we are passionate about improving the quality of people’s lives. When you join our global family, you will help create healthier lives for millions of patients and their families.
Charles River employees are innovative thinkers, who are dedicated to continuous learning and improvement. We will empower you with the resources you need to grow and develop in your career.
As a Charles River employee, you will be part of an industry-leading, customer-focused company at the forefront of drug development. Your skills will play a key role in bringing life-saving therapies to market faster through simpler, quicker, and more digitalized processes. Whether you are in lab operations, finance, IT, sales, or another area, when you work at Charles River, you will be the difference every day for patients across the globe.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position, a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
Job Summary The CRL IT organization is looking for a technical thought leader to provide engineering expertise within the Global Infrastructure Services team. As an individual contributor and part of a cross functional team of engineers, the Hybrid Cloud Engineer will be an integral component to delivering effective end to end infrastructure technology solutions. This role will require a mix of subject matter expertise in administering VMware, server, storage, networking and monitoring. This position will also participate in supporting the migration of infrastructure to public cloud environments. This will be a remote based role with occasional travel to our site in Tranent, Scotland as per business requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Design, build and deploy complex IaaS and PaaS infrastructure solutions
• Support existing on-prem solutions and platforms
• Document infrastructure engineering procedures and collaborate on various information technology projects.
• Participate in application migrations to public cloud environments
• Responsible for technical documentation
• Support audit and compliance related activity involving our infrastructure
• Embrace a team mentality, by mentoring more junior engineers and cross-training with other engineers
• Support occasional off-hour work activities
• 5+ years of infrastructure technology design and support experience.
• Experience supporting hardware virtualization (VMWare)
• Experience supporting backup technologies (Rubrik, NetBackup)
• Experience supporting storage solutions (Infinidat, Dell)
• Understanding of advanced networking concepts and design (WAN, LAN, SD-WAN)
• Experience with infrastructure as code and configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef and Terraform.
• Working knowledge and understanding of public cloud computing platforms (Azure, AWS)
• Experience working on or with teams using Agile methodologies such as Scrum.
• Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in Computer Science or related discipline.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
• Designing, building, and operating global IT infrastructures.
• Deep understanding of datacenter technologies.
• Storage concepts on Cloud Backups and Archiving solutions. Job Qualifications
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position. If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Job Segment: Cloud, Manufacturing Engineer, Pharmaceutical, Computer Science, Biotech, Technology, Engineering, Science
Similar CRA jobs
Scientist, Antibody Engineering
Health Information Technology Specialist - CV
Clinical Data Engineer II (South Africa)
Technical Lead / Sr. Software Engineer (Full-Stack)
(Senior) Principal, Customer Engagement - Life Science Technology Consulting - EU Wide
Quality Assurance Engineer (scope US)
Director of Value Engineering
Senior Data Quality Engineer
Manager, Software Engineering - Planisware
Technology Solution Sales, Compliance (Remote)
Senior Software Development Engineer
Information Technology Technician Site Services 1
Project Manager, Virtual Meetings - Technology Solutions team
Senior Data & DevOps Engineer
Prinicpal Platform Engineer
Sr. Software Engineer - Back-End Development
Software Engineer 3
Principal Test Engineer (SAP)-REMOTE
IQVIA Solutions/ Technology Solutions/ Cloud Expert