Research Analyst I - Immunology/Cell Culture
Charles River Laboratories International Inc (CRL)
Mattawan, MI, US, 49071
Research Analyst I - Immunology/Cell Culture Req ID #: 196791 Location:
Mattawan, MI, US, 49071 For 75 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position, a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly. Job Summary We are seeking an Research Analyst/ Cell Culture for our Immunochemistry at the site located in Mattawan, MI.
The following are responsibilities related to the Research Analyst /Cell Culture:
The Immunology and Immunochemistry disciplines support large molecule drug development using ligand binding assays (LBA), such as enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA), to measure large molecules and their immune responses. The main types of assays include Pharmacokinetic (PK) assays to measure drug and Immunogenicity assay to measure anti-drug antibodies (ADA) and neutralizing antibodies (NAb). Other assay types also performed are branched DNA (bDNA) and cell-based assays. An array of platforms are used to support these assays that include spectrophotometer, Meso Scale Discovery (MSD), Luminex and Gyrolab. Utilizing these platforms/assays, the teams are responsible for the method development, validation and routine sample analysis in both the regulated and non-regulated space of non-clinical and clinical studies.
Essential Functions (The fundamental Duties & Responsibilities of the role (products and services provided/results accomplished) include, but are not limited to, those listed:
• Efficiently perform and document all procedures, materials and results in compliance with applicable regulatory standards as applicable (protocols, methods, SOPs, etc.)
• Demonstrate effective communication skills through informal discussions with peers, supervisor, and team
• Communicate with team members to fulfill cell requests as needed
• Maintain a clean cell culture laboratory by practicing aseptic techniques
• Assist with laboratory maintenance functions
• Independently perform laboratory support functions such as labeling and solution preparations
• Assist with maintaining study specific inventory of consumables with oversight
• Write both study and non-study deviations with minimal oversight
• Actively participate in process improvement initiatives with oversight
• Develop critical thinking, troubleshooting and time management skills aligned with needs of the operational area
• Assist in execution of routine sample analysis studies with oversight
• Assist with manufacturing cells according to established SOPs
• Assist in execution of method validation projects with oversight as needed
• Operate laboratory instruments with complete oversight
• Assist with data analysis in appropriate software for at least one analytical platform
• Performs all other related duties as assigned Job Qualifications Qualifications (Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities required to accomplish the essential functions) include but are not limited to:
• Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) or equivalent experience. No previous experience required.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
• Experience with aseptic cell culture techniques.
• Experience with cell banking, cell culture, cell freezing/thawing is highly desired.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing at all levels inside and outside the organization.
• Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Computer skills, commensurate with Essential Functions, including the ability to learn a validated system.
• Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to evenings, weekends, extended shifts, and/or extra shifts; sometimes on short notice.
• Ability to work under specific time constraints.
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position. If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
Charles River is a U.S. Federal Contractor. As a result, we must follow the Presidential Executive Order to mandate vaccinations, and ensure our employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Our main priority is the wellbeing, health, and safety of our people. We require proof of vaccination from all employees.
Anyone with requests for disability-related and/or religious exemptions should contact Talent Acquisition ([email protected]) so that information can be provided about the accommodation process at Charles River.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 20,000 employees within 110 facilities in over 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 86% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2021.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Nearest Major Market: Kalamazoo
Job Segment: Biology, Cell Biology, Biotech, Laboratory, Science, Research
Similar CRA jobs
Research Specialist I (Aquatics)
Bus Int. Analyst 1
Principal HR Technology Analyst - SuccessFactors Recruiting (REMOTE)
Laboratory Research Assistant
Team Leader Research (PK) 1
Clinical Research Associate (CRA II, Senior CRA, Principal CRA) Central US / West Coast - Late Phase
Senior Financial Analyst II, BU Finance
Tech Systems Support Analyst Spanish
Analyst, Site Support
Research Technician - Pharmacokinetics & Acutes (EVG) *$500 sign-on bonus
Senior Clinical Research Associate, Internal Medicine, Central US- IQVIA Biotech
Financial Analyst 2
Senior Research Scientist- CE-MS or CE experience
Import/Export Analyst (Temporary vacancy for 6 months)
Senior Clinical Research Associate - Multisponsors
Clinical Research Associate - Italy
Laboratory QC Analyst - HPLC