SR. Scientific Associate
Charles River Laboratories International Inc (CRL)
Skokie, IL, US, 60077
SR. Scientific Associate Req ID #: 116811 Location:
Skokie, IL, US, 60077 For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about. Job Summary We are seeking a SR Scientific Associate for our Safety Assessment group, site located in Skokie IL.
Provide scientific support for nonclinical research or laboratory-based studies; perform basic to complex study management tasks and interpretation and reporting of study data/conclusions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee study start-up procedures requiring cross-departmental interaction with all key study personnel.
• Serve as a study director in the direction and execution of assigned studies in compliance with GLP regulations as they apply to the conduct of nonclinical research.
• Participate in and coordinate all phases of the study planning process with appropriate departments.
• Generate high-quality protocols, amendments, and reports appropriate for assigned studies.
• Function as contact for the planning and execution of sponsor interaction related to assigned studies.
• Review, interpret, integrate, and present data on assigned studies, using the assistance of senior scientific staff as appropriate.
• Function as contact for the planning and execution of sponsor interaction related to assigned studies, including proposal management and study scheduling, conduct and reporting.
• Assist in generating study protocols and laboratory-based procedures for various regulatory guidelines and obtain sponsor approval.
• Assist in assuring that all data for the studies are accurately recorded and verified.
• Function as a study director or project scientist on assigned studies of basic complexity and participate in method development and validation activities.
• May serve as an interim or alternate (secondary) scientific contact in the event an assigned study director or project scientist is unavailable.
• Ensure project is in compliance with GLP regulations as they apply to the conduct of nonclinical research.
• Contribute to department operations improvement in areas such as process development, SOP revisions, department inspections, and equipment maintenance.
• Perform all other related duties as assigned.
• Education: Bachelor's degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent in a scientific related discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
• Experience: 4 to 6 years related experience in animal science, biology, chemistry/pharmacy, or similar laboratory environment, including 2 years related experience in the contract research or pharmaceutical industry.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 300 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Chemistry, Scientific, Toxicology, Biotech, Pharmaceutical, Science, Engineering