Technicien en santé animale - Bonus de signature de 1000$
Charles River Laboratories International Inc (CRL)
Senneville, Quebec, CA, H9X 3R3
Technicien en santé animale - Bonus de signature de 1000$ Req ID #: 117393 Location:
Senneville, Quebec, CA, H9X 3R3 For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about. Job Summary Animal Health Technician - Toxicology
We are looking for an animal health technician who wants to be part of a dynamic, collaborative team that cares about the welfare of animals.
• Administer test items and/or medications to animals (gavage, intramuscular, subcutaneous and intravenous injections) ;
• Perform sample collection (urine, blood, cerebrospinal fluid);
• Use specialized equipment (pumps, ECG, BP machine);
• Demonstrate initiative and interest in new work techniques and in working with different animal species;
• Observe, examine and follow up on clinical signs of animals;
• Record the weight of the animals and their food consumption;
• Ensure adequate and accessible food and water supplies for all animals at all times;
• Clean all types of animal housing and accessories;
• Handle animals for any activity that requires it;
• Enter animal data using computer programs;
• Read and ensure understanding of study plans prior to the start of each study;
• Understand, adhere to, and follow Standard Organizational Procedures;
• Perform any other reasonable duties that may be required.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• College diploma in animal health, bioecology, biotechnology or equivalent, or a Bachelor of Science degree with a specialized profile in the animal field
• Working knowledge of animal health sciences;
• Ability to maintain the regular physical effort required to lift, push and move equipment and animals;
• Ability to read and understand English; Bilingualism is an asset;
• Ability to work in a team environment;
• Ability to manage time efficiently;
• Ability to adapt to change;
• Flexibility to work a variety of hours including weekends, as well as the possibility of overtime evenings and nights as needed;
• Working knowledge of computer applications related to the position.
• On-the-job training;
• Possibility of internal advancement according to strengths and interests;
• Competitive benefits - Dental, Medication, Physiotherapy, Psychotherapy, Optometrist, Life Insurance, RRSP/ TFSA participation;
• Uniform provided;
• Free parking ;
• Shuttle available from St-Anne-de-Bellevue train station or John Abbott bus stop to Charles River site;
• Salary :
o Basic: $18.25 / hour,
o Weekend and evening : $2.50 bonus
o After 37.5 hrs: Paid at half time
o Holiday: Paid at double time Competencies Collaborate -We collaborate when we partner with each other and promote teamwork, when we communicate clearly and effectively across the hall or around the globe, and when we welcome all forms of diversity and encourage inclusiveness.Own - We act like owners when we hold ourselves accountable for our actions, when we respond to internal and external client needs with speed and accuracy, when we set and achieve meaningful goals, and when we strive towards continuous improvement.Care - We show we care when we respect each other, our animals and the communities where we work and live, when we create a positive healthy workplace, when we are mindful of our compliance standards, and when we choose to do the right thing.Lead - We lead when we advocate our purpose and model our values, when we deliver innovation, when we embrace change, and when we appreciate and celebrate the great work of others.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet
Job Segment: Toxicology, Biotech, Pharmaceutical, Laboratory, Science, Research