Senior Manager Controller, North America Operations
Parexel International Corporation
Durham, North Carolina
Parexel has a great opportunity for a Senior Manager, Controller - North America Operations to join our global team.
Lead Monthly Closing Activities
• Be accountable for the day-to-day US GAAP accounting, general ledger and monthly close process (including reporting, review of account reconciliations and manual journal entries)
• Lead a team of general ledger accountants in the preparation and presentation of the quarterly Balance Sheet reviews.
• Develop best in class accounting processes aligned to the overall corporate close timetable
Ensure the compliance of Corporate & Statutory requirements
• Conduct the effort to ensure compliance with local statutory regulations including but not limited to account filings, VAT, Sales Tax and Withholding Tax declaration (if applicable).
• Be the intermediary with the external/internal auditors. Reviewing the functional analysis to address audit queries and ensure audit requirements are met.
• Primary resource accountable for the review and signature of payment batches.
Work closely and represent Director
• Be the deputy to the Regional Director Controller leading meetings and quarterly balance sheet calls, representing the function at audit meetings , authorizing payments and signing the internal certification for both Statutory and SEC filings
Drive continued operational & financial optimization
• Lead due diligence & integration accounting for acquisitions, acting as WW finance integration leader if required.
• Take a leading role in initiating and driving regional and WW finance strategic initiatives.
• Act as a primary liaison with other functions within the Global Finance Center (GFC) in order to contribute to the leadership of the WW Corporate team.
• Accountable for ensuring a strong local internal control environment, participate in the design, review and oversight of control documentation to establish best in class processes.
• Review of internal processes to identify opportunities to drive efficiencies through automation or other means of process improvement.
• Oversight all financial system upgrades/changes end to end, particularly Oracle and ARM.
• Manage a team of qualified accountants or finance staff to ensure team objectives are met, providing work supervision and undertaking regular performance reviews
• Effectively manage and develop direct and indirect staff, ensuring that they are motivated and empowered to maximize performance and maintain high morale
• Prepare staff members’ training and development plans.
QualificationsQualified candidates will possess:
• Minimum 10 to 13 years of related work experience in a large industry or public accounting firm.
• Strong expertise in accounting, tax and audit in an international environment
• Diverse computer competency with high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel Knowledge of Oracle financials, Business Object and Hyperion Application is a plus.
• Experience of shared services or large multi-national company environment.
• Experience of an ERP system - Oracle preferred.
• Qualified CPA/ ACA / ACCA / CMA and/or local certification required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, MBA preferred.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills, ability to multi-task, plan and priorities work schedule for self and team and work within agreed timescales to produce a quality deliverables.
• Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with the confidence and credibility to build trusting working relationship across all levels of the organization and in a multi-cultural environment.
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to analyze and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrated ability to focus on higher level overview.
• Initiative and a proactive approach, balanced with strong financial and analytical acumen.
• Commercial awareness with ability to demonstrate a sound knowledge of wider business factors.
• Technically strong with the ability to make sounds accounting judgment.
• Proven track record of end to end process management and creativity to improve efficiency and effectiveness across own departments and the wider finance function.
• Exposure or experience in leading or participating in regional or WW projects initiatives as a key contributor.
• Present a strong personal leadership style coupled with a confident and hardworking approach.
• Ability to inspire and influence people at all levels.
• A team player, who will also be able to lead and manage teams and act as a role model
• Demonstrated solid judgment and ability to work on ambiguous issues and come to a reasonable and well-supported conclusion.
• Effectively leads meetings through the agreed agenda to its ultimate objective
EEO DisclaimerParexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.