Deep Brain Stimulation and Parkinson's Disease
Deep Brain Stimulation and Parkinson's Disease: Analysis of the Modifications of the Cortical Activation During Driving Tasks and During Tasks Involving the Control of the Impulses by Means of the Optical Imaging and of the Technique of Delay Discounting Task
Lead Sponsor: Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Amiens
|Source||Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Amiens|
- Background : Deep brain stimulation of SubThalamic Nucleus (STN-DBS) is an effective treatment for a large variety of movement disorders. However, the efficacy of STN-DBS relies on unclear mechanisms.
- Purpose: In this study, using optical imaging, the investigators will evaluate the cortical hemodynamic changes induced by STN-DBS of parkinsonian patients during motor task and delay discounting task. the investigators will perform an optical imaging study using Near-InfraRed Spectroscopy (NIRS) in a parkinsonian patient after STN-DBS. The investigators will measure bilateral local cortical hemodynamic changes under "On" and "Off" stimulation conditions and during a motor task (left hand movement) and delay discounting task Relative concentration changes of oxy-Hb, deoxy-Hb, and total Hb will be continuously analyze.
- Primary outcome: Study of local cortical hemodynamic change (oxy-Hb, deoxy-Hb, and total Hb) under " on " and " off " stimulation during a motor task.
|Start Date||September 1, 2014|
|Completion Date||December 2017|
|Primary Completion Date||December 2017|
|Phase||Early Phase 1|
Intervention Type: Device
Intervention Name: NIRS EEG HR recording
Description: NIRS EEG HR recording
Inclusion Criteria: - Patients presenting Parkinson disease and treated by STN-DBS. - For comparison patients: Patients treated by DBS in other target. Exclusion Criteria: - Patients who cannot be treated by DBS
- Patients presenting Parkinson disease and treated by STN-DBS.
- For comparison patients: Patients treated by DBS in other target.
- Patients who cannot be treated by DBS
Minimum Age: 18 Years
Maximum Age: 75 Years
Healthy Volunteers: No
|Has Expanded Access||No|
|Number Of Arms||3|
Label: parkinson's patient stimulated at STN level
Description: 15 parkinson's disease patients stimulated at STN level NIRS EEG HR recording
Label: non STN
Description: 5 Parkinson's Disease patients who received stimulation in another target that the STN NIRS EEG HR recording
Description: 20 control patients undergoing DBS for the treatment of OCD NIRS EEG HR recording
|Acronym||SCP TCI NIRS|
|Study Design Info||
Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment
Primary Purpose: Diagnostic
Masking: None (Open Label)